Such A Deal

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well, with all the current TV commercials for quitting smoking :eek: I have made a deal with the DH. He thinks it's a safe bet and isn't going to cost him a dime.

I'm going to quit smoking cold turkey on January 1st. I get a $1000.00 shopping spree :D:D:D after one year of my new life! Dangling money under my nose may help because I've tried everything else. Here's where you all come in.

Please check in on my progress and support my efforts to become a non-smoker! If anyone else would like to take the challenge let me know and maybe we can form our own support group.

Heartland changed my life once already and just may help to change it again! LET'S DO IT!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Go Deb Go !!!! You can do it !!!! plus look at all the extra $ you will have for more Rv toys !!

Rrloren

I quit over 30 yrs. ago . it's not easy but can be done . I too quit "cold turkey".
From my memory you will know you got it beat when you recognize after a few days that you haven't thought about having a smoke.
Best of luck , you can do it.

jnbhobe

Hey Deb; I know you can do it, You do everything you put your mind to. I did it 35 yr ago cold turkey. and besides there is $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in it. JON:D:D:D

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks Jon!

Hey Richard where have you and Linda been hiding lately? What's with this snow? Isn't it supposed to rain here?

Mikemm62

Mike & Suzanne
Hey Deb you can do it.... I did it myself 9 yrs ago ... I used Acupuncture went in twice and was done smoking... Good Luck

Mike

Rrloren

"Hey Richard where have you and Linda been hiding lately? What's with this snow? Isn't it supposed to rain here?"
We've been waiting 2 months for a repair on our Sundance after I stupidly backed it into the house. Got it back a couple weeks ago non the worse for wear , but we missed a Fall trip to see the foliage. Anxious to go to Florida sometime in Feb. got to break in the two Maine Coons.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
got to break in the two Maine Coons.[/QUOTE]

Have you been taking them for rides in the truck? That's how we broke in Sox & Schooz to travel.

Sorry to hear about the error. Any damage to the house?

f250dieseldad

If I start putting the money away now from what you would have spent we will be able to go to Nashville. Plus the $1000.00 :)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You can do it Deb!!:) Debra did it 25 years ago. Think about those $$$$ everytime you get the urge. And think about winning the bet with John!:D

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Excuse me honey, are you going to come home and try to tell me how hard you worked today?

Gus, I WILL do this! I'm going shoppin', I'm going shoppin'.........I'm going to be miserable for a few days but I CAN DO THIS!

And John, go back to work!

jbeletti

Hi Deb,

Great decision on your part. You "can" do it if you want to. I am sure it will be very hard, but you have to want to be free of that bond, more than you want the satisfaction of smoking.

Sounds like you are picking up a lot of support here. Now you just need a couple of accountability partners.

Best of luck - we are rooting for you.

Jim

jimtoo

Deb, you will hit some rough spots, but just hang in there. Carry a pencil or some small object like that, when that urge comes, and there will be many, pickup the pencil and hold it.

Jim M

bill40

Just finished moving 2" of the white stuff the way I was huffing and puffing you wold think i was still smoking( quit cold Deb 30+ years ago ) . Maybe the white suff was heaver than it was thirty years ago. Got to go son and I are going to Lowes and HD. Happy New Year Everyone.

Rrloren

"Have you been taking them for rides in the truck? That's how we broke in Sox & Schooz to travel.

Sorry to hear about the error. Any damage to the house?"

Good idea on giving them rides in the truck. our last cat rode well in the trailer all day.
And yes on damage to the house , had to replace 50 feet of continuous gutter. That was $300 plus $1800 on the trailer. Fortunately ins. covered most of it . Easily the dummist thing I've done since towing. Had to stay away from people for awhile.

truknutt

Committed Member
Good for you Deb. I "quit" many, many times in my adult life but the last time was Cold Turkey on December 24th 1997.

You just have to find an alternative to smoking..some eat to compensate, others dip (but that's still nicotine)..Have I told you that I love Ice Cream?!! :rolleyes: I look at my belly and see all the money I saved on smokes but spent on Breyer's!!

My hurdle was not having a smoke with my morning coffee or anytime beer!! :eek: AND STAY OUTTA THOSE BARS!!

I've heard that you should drink a glass of water each time you get the urge to light up..water is good for you and over time this substitution makes your mind crave something beside the cigarette.

Hope to see you still smoke-free in Nashville this year.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well Richard you are all repaired now and that's what matters. You guys have a good time in FLA and let me know if you'll be home for the NJ Rally in your backyard!