Freezer not working properly

sjrellis

Weird deal. The meat that was already in there is still frozen, but meat I put in yesterday hasn't froze. Any ideas? I just turned up the thermostat.

jvblade

Canadian Member
Try turning the fridge off then on again - my wife tried that one time when ours stopped and it worked! Smart girl! I just over analyze things ;)

Is it really cold outside? We had a thread on this subject as ours stopped working in really cold weather. Here is the thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=13580

Is your temperature readout working? If not then the 12 volt supply is off. There is also a 120 volt circuit which could trip, however it should switch over to LP gas if that happens.

lwmcguir

Keep in mind that they are very slow in recovering temps when the doors are open often. The rule of thumb per other post is 1 minute of open door requires 1 hour to lower the temp back to set point.

sjrellis

Turning the thermostat up to 5 did the trick. When we spent the winter in Wisconsin 2 years ago, we never experienced this...and it was much colder there. Normally, we keep it set on 2 (out of 5) and things stay very cold. The problem with putting it on 5 is that things freeze in the fridge, so I'm trying to keep it on 4. Jim is gonna hopefully do the light bulb trick to help out.

Thanks for the info!