New Repo RV - Bargain or Bomb?

ky-newbie

Hi all !

I just found this on ebay, looks like it was just listed. It's a NEW 2007 Sundance, never sold, repo. On the one hand, I want to say, could be a great deal. On the other hand, what concerns should I have with an RV that's been sitting on a lot for two (three?) years? Would I have to replace the tires/battery/etc.? Would Heartland still honor the original warranty?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-H...ZViewItemQQptZRVs_Campers?hash=item2c52748178

Can anyone tell what model it is?

Thanks!

wdk450

Call Heartland Service

KY Newbie:
Call Heartland service at the phone numbers on the top left of the "Portal" page. Have the VIN number off of the ad.

Contact the seller with your questions through the E-Bay ad "Ask the Seller a Question" link.

Good luck, and remember Heartland will pre-authorize warranty service through any local RV servicer you desire to use. I hope you become a member of the Heartland family.

Tom of Ypsi

As long as this is a new coach I do believe the warranty starts from the day you sign the contract no matter how old the coach is. Being a 2007 I would make absolutely sure this is not a pre-owned unit, it is in excellent shape (showing no use, breakins, water damage etc) Good luck and hope to see you as a Heartland owner

boatdoc

I would check on the Lippert warranty. Wasn't there something about when the trailer was made that Lippert was messing around with. I don't know for sure but I thought there was a thread about different warrantys from Lippert.

Rickhansen

ky-newbie,
Nice find! I agree, it looks like a Sundance SD-3300SK. Here's a link to the current year model on Heartland's site. There shouldn't be any huge physical difference in the spec's. http://heartlandrvs.com/models.html...ance+5th+Wheels&type=Mid+Profile+Fifth+Wheels

Your asking the right questions. Batteries and Tires could be concerns. So could issues of proper winterization, floor traffic wear, UV protection of the roof membrane, etc. All of these are questions that probably can't be answered without physically inspecting the unit.

I'd also suggest calling Heartland to inquire on the warranty. They probably can give you the skinny on what options are on this rig that you can't see, A/C size, tank heaters, etc?

Any way you look at it, the wear and tear should be less than that of a used unit the same age. I'd check some online resources, or call your banker to find the book value of the unit, set the price you'd be willing to pay, and bid away!

If you could win the auction at low market value for a used rig in good condition, even if you had to replace a few items, you'd be ahead.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wonder what the reserve price is. Do some research to find out the value of a used unit in excellent condition and then decide what you're willing to spend. If it's an RV dealer selling it, a new battery should be provided. The tires should be OK except for the fact they are Chinese made. You may be on to a great find! Good Luck!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Televisions may have been an option in the Sundance for that year. Our BH was to have come with a 27" Heavyweight back then. We optioned it out and bought the 32" LCD at Wallyworld.

airedale

sundance...

sometimes the seller will tell you the reserve if you phone....happened for me.......luck

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
one major concern i see , as an "old" police, is , why is it a repo if the unit is new , never sold. Just had to get my two cents in. anyway, best wishes and may God Bless ya. Al W

jbeletti

Good thinking. Maybe it's a bank repo. The bank that held the dealer floor plan. Like GE, Bank of America etc. But one never knows.

Jim

branson4020

Icantre Member
Jim,

I'll bet that's exactly where this stuff came from - a dealer who went out of business. If that's the case, does the rig still have a warranty from Heartland?

ky-newbie

Thanks for the feedback. I emailed the salesman and he got back to me quickly. He doesn't know that much about RV's. He didn't get a copy of the original invoice, to see what options it has. He thought "they usually don't come with options, except maybe a generator". :O) I see a few people are hitting on it. If it's meant to be, I'll get it. Several things would have to fall into place, so it probably won't be via this auction. If he doesn't get his price, it'll still be on his lot. I'm praying about it, and calling Heartland on Monday, to check on the warranty situation.

jimtoo

You should be very careful about the add on fees. They have on the site a $399 document fee, for 10 minutes of typing. I think if your buying and live out of state, you should not pay any taxes until you register it where ever you live. Personally, I would not pay any thing except what you bid or agree to, let them charge it up to doing business. They are not going to sell it below their cost and loose money.

My 2 cents, but worth a nickel.