Check the wires behind the breaker

busted2341

Big Horn Ask Factory

Scott,

I just wanted to let you know that I believe your QC problems still exist. On my 3055, while camping one morning my GFI plug tripped. It would not reset. I took it apart and with a volt meter found no voltage to the plug. I pulled the breaker panel cover, because the breaker did not break and saw the wire to the GFI had never been tightened. I surmised the wire was intermitted shorting and finally had enough and melted the insulation off the wire. Upon checking I found 3 others that had not been tightened and could have caused a major fire. I took some pics with my cell but I can't figure out how to place them on the net. I would urge all others and especially Heartland to check the wires going into the breaker box and assure they are clamped down tight. My particular wire got hot enough to melt about 2" of insultation. I plan on including this with my other minor repairs...After tightning the wire in it's place I am powered up for now, but alittle unsure. I will request my dealer do a complete electrical check of all the wires to make sure no other shorts or problems are apparent. I am only advising you of a potential Hazard and nothig more. Please make sure all wires are completly secure.

Last edited: