Need Help Pairing 6 Volt Batteries

Yianni

I had the dealer install 2 6 volt batteries before I picked up the Cyclone. I want to add 2 additional 6 volts. The mounting and wiring is no problem but am not sure about compatibility. The new batteries are Trojans T-125's.
Here are the numbers off the batteries. Hope they make sense to someone and my question is are these 2 different brands close enough in numbers or will the lesser batteries tend to bring down the larger capacity Trojans?
Thanks!

Current Batteries:
AH Rating 225-20 Hr
171-5 Hr

Trojans T-125:
AH Rating 240-20Hr
195-5 Hr

boatdoc

I would put a selecdtor switch in the circuit....Bank A/Bank B/Both/None.

Not a bad idea at all. If one chooses to add an inverter of any size you could use the "both" position when needing lots of amps. Ours is set up with the 1 OEM group 27 and 4 6VDC all tied together. Don't need the big amps very often but it's nice to have when we do.

Yianni

I would put a selecdtor switch in the circuit....Bank A/Bank B/Both/None.

Being a boat owner for several years, I really liked the Perko switches that were on my boat. I used a 3 way Perko on my last trailer with 2 6 volt and 1 12. I just bought a new 3 way at West Marine and will do the same for my Cyclone. I plan on installing the new selector switch in the basement where it is easy to get to. The factory cutoff switch is nice, but with 2 6 volt batteries next to the generator it is impossible to get to on the back wall.
Will post pictures if anyone is interested.

I would love to see pictures of how your dual or quad 6 volts are mounted in the 3010. I am a firm believer in 6V batteries, and will likely upgrade to 4 of them when we get out 3010.