Extreme vibration from heat pump

We have just received our Landmark Grand Canyon and due to the cold weather we tried to use the heat pump on the air conditioner. Since we've had heat pumps before on two different fifth wheels from other companies, we were very surprised when the entrance door to the trailer started rattling in its frame when the heat pump came on at the automatic fan setting and we could even feel the vibrations in our feet from the floor shaking. Is this the norm for the heat pumps installed on Landmarks? Because it's totally unusable in its current state. The non-stop rattling/buzzing from the entrance doors and all the cabinet doors drove me crazy and I had to switch over to the propane furnace. Since we paid extra to have a heat pump/air conditioning unit installed I'm hoping it wasn't a waste of money.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It should not cause the vibration. I would contact the dealer (where you had it installed). It is possible the bolts that hold the unit down are not tight or the 'squirrel cage" is wobbling.

jbeletti

Sounds like a problem to me. Had 2 heat pumps on my last unit and they did not rattle loudly.

That said, another LM owners, Macattack, had a loud primary heat pump. He got it fixed as I understand it. Not sure what the problem was but you can PM him via the forum.

As you are within your warranty period, make plans to take it in to be looked at, when it's convenient for you to do so.

Jim

Macattack

As Jim stated ours was making a lot of noise when it was running and wouldn't switch over to the furnace when it got too cold for it to put out heat. I took it to the dealer and he changed out the circuit board and it started to work properly and quieted down a lot, but just in the last couple of days it has started to sound as bad or worse than it was originally.I am going to have it looked at again.

Thanks for the info, guys. I didn't think it was right, but each manufacturer has different standards so I thought I'd check. I'll see if I can get this looked at in Arizona, since I have no desire to haul the rig back to Indiana since we just left there two weeks ago and we're now 2,000 miles away.