Critters in the BigHorn

MJordan

"PA n MA s"
Hello:
We keep our BigHorn on site at a campground. Just recently we noticed some droppings in the trailer in the drawers by the stove & sink. Nothing in the living area. Discovered they were coming in where the water line comes up into the utility area.
Is there a cap I can get that will screw into the opening that has a tight rubbery center to push the hose and satellite lines thru so it stays sealed and doesn’t let critters get in?

Sincerely
Michael Jordan

K

Ken Washington

Michael,
I don't think that there is such a device like you are talking about. What you can do is use a towel and stuff it in and around your hose and line. I will be interested to see what the factory has to say about this also.
Ken

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We use a steel wool scrubber rapped around our power cord at the opening of our trailer, don't know if that would work in your case../Doug

Midastouch

Steel wool has always been advised because the little critters won't/can't chew it up like other things that you would stuff into holes, etc.... They like to use that stuff to nest in, etc... if they want to get somewhere, they'll get there, somehow! I assume we are talking about rodents??? :eek:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hi Michael,
Hey, has anybody else realized that this is Michael Jordan???

Michael, I had talked to the other Bighorn owner, 3400RL, at our campground and he thought that a sandbag might do the trick. Just lay it around the hose at the opening in the Utility area and the bag should conform to the hose and cable wire.

Just a thought,

Mark