Water pump not working??

aatauses

HI everyone,
I need some advice. Tonight due to the prediction of freezing weather I disconnected my incoming water(at inlet & from park). I checked my fresh water tank and it indicated 1/3 full of fresh water and I also checked the tank by opening the drain and water came out indicating I had fresh water. I turned on the pump and no water in kitchen or bathroom, however I had a steady drip coming out from my "inlet" in my docking station. I let the pump run for about 5 minutes and then shut it off as I did not want it to burn up. A dealer once told me if the pump is on and water is coming out of your inlet, I needed to replace this conection??
I have not looked behind the wall yet as it is dark but will do that tomorrow---What should I look for first? is 5 minutes time enough for the pump to work properly? Since I have drips coming out my inlet, do I need to replace that connection?
Thanks,
al

jvblade

Canadian Member
From what I understand, your tank can read 1/3 and still not be enough water to be above the take-off point for the water pump. Interestingly enough the 1/3 and empthy sensors are almost at the same point. I suggest adding some more water to the tank and try your pump again.

The next idea I have is that your water line to the pump is frozen but since you are in florida I doubt that.

2010augusta

If you have water coming out the inlet the check valve is bad and will need to be replaced or plugged to use the pump. The pump can not build the needed pressure if it is all ruuning out the UDC. If you have the tools and parts it should only take about 10 minutes to fix/replave the check valve.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you have water coming out the inlet the check valve is bad and will need to be replaced or plugged to use the pump. The pump can not build the needed pressure if it is all ruuning out the UDC. If you have the tools and parts it should only take about 10 minutes to fix/replave the check valve.

Sounds like a field expedient fix might be to screw in a double male hose adapter fitting and put a cap on the end of it to seal the city water inlet. Or a simple hose shut-off valve. You might be able to find those items at a 24hr. WalMart, if nothing else is open.

beaverfan

Oregonian
I am in Arkansas and we are having freezing weather. My water pump quit also. I have heat on and I installed a heater in the lower compartment as insurance to prevent freezing. At first my water pump would run, sounded normal, but no water came out of the kitchen or bathroom. Now the water pump doesn't even run. I am operating on my holding tank, which is 2/3 full. Any suggestions?