Big Easy

palebluedot

No, this has nothing to do with New Orleans. It is the Char-Broil "Oil-less" turkey fryer. But it is for cooking a lot more than just turkeys. Glenda presented me with one of these as an early Christmas gift before Thanksgiving. I roasted a couple of chickens just to get the hang of the thing and they turned out great. Next I cooked the turkey on Thanksgiving and then a pork loin on Christmas day. The meat is a golden crisp on the out side and very moist on the inside. The browning is controlled by the top lid. The thing is wonderful for cooking a variety of meats and is a snap to clean. It's not much larger than a portable gas grill so I can see taking it along on the Bighorn. We ordered ours through Amazon (free shipping) but I think they are available at Lowes/Home Depot etc. Here is the link.
http://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-08...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1262490056&sr=8-1

wazz_zup

Man, that looks good! I've done many many deep fried turkeys over the years, and yes it's expensive-$35-40 for the oil. Even though we reuse the oil for about three times. I like the fact that this unit runs on propane.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Bill, I just noticed this post. About fifteen minutes ago I put a boneless pork shoulder in my Big Easy. I love mine. Randy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Man, that looks good! I've done many many deep fried turkeys over the years, and yes it's expensive-$35-40 for the oil. Even though we reuse the oil for about three times. I like the fact that this unit runs on propane.

They get even more expensive when you overfill them, fire it up in the garage and go back inside to watch the telly. But hey, I'm paid on call, so I'm not complaining :rolleyes:

wazz_zup

They get even more expensive when you overfill them, fire it up in the garage and go back inside to watch the telly. But hey, I'm paid on call, so I'm not complaining :rolleyes:

Boy I could tell you a story about frozen chicken wings and 400 deg oil.:eek: