Winterizing Hose?

winger1955

I have a 2010 305RW. It has the winterizing valve built into the RV. Since this is the first RV we have owned with that feature, I don't know what type of hose is needed for syphoning RV anti-freeze into the system. The RV did not come with a hose for that function and I don't recognize the fitting which came on the anti-freeze valve. I hope this question makes sense!

Thanks,
Mike

2010augusta

Our valve has about 2' of hose attached with a fitting on the end, but if you have no hose, you should be able to attach a hose with a 1/2" NPT fitting. All the fitting I have found in the UDC have been 1/2" NPT.

Boca_Shuffles

Your hose is probably just short because it is coiled up behind the wall. You might try gently twisting the hose as you pull it out. If unsuccessful, you can straighten the hose my removing the wall panel behind the UDC. You should have about 24-30" of hose which you can put in a jug of anti-freeze.

winger1955

The extra length of hose was coiled up behind the compartment wall just as you guys had suggested. It wouldn't pull out because it was tangled up with the plumbing lines in that area. I should have remembered that because I had to access that area to operate the by-pass valve when we took delivery of the unit. Once I got the hose extended everything went great!

Thanks for the advice,
Mike