Help with Grey tanks.

blzftr

I have the 2008 3795. When we had it out last over New Years Eve, Grey water backed up into the shower. I checked and Grey tank #1 read full but Grey tank #2 was only at 1/3. I was under the impression that the Grey tanks were linked together. Help.

2010augusta

nope the tanks are seprate. Many will add a twist on valve at the drain, then open up both grey tanks and then they are linked.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have the 2008 3795. When we had it out last over New Years Eve, Grey water backed up into the shower. I checked and Grey tank #1 read full but Grey tank #2 was only at 1/3. I was under the impression that the Grey tanks were linked together. Help.

Don't know about the Cyclone line, but in the BH, the gray tanks are separate. Gray #1 is the bathroom and clothes washer and Gray #2 is only the kitchen. I've read on these forums where some folks will cap (or valve) the sewer connection and open both gray tank dump valves to get them to cross fill while dry camping.

blzftr

Thanks. I would like to join them together. Need to find where someone has posted the "How to". Don't see us getting a washer anytime soon. We do about 90% dry camping.

2010augusta

Here is what you need.

27868_01.jpg

porthole

Retired
From my "And so it begins" thread.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4724&d=1249910428

caissiel

One more thing you will need to know is that in some trailers the Gray water tank for the bathroom is below the Black water tank and lower level then the kitchen grey water tank. If you open both valve it will fill the lower tank first. It will cause the bathroom tank perform the same as full. I use the Washer and the bathroom tank fills first, The bathroom tank has to be full before it can reverse to the Kitchen one. So this don't work for my unit.