Big Country 3450TS Questions

Hunter11

I am trying to find out if the W/D area of the 3450TS is large enough for a stacked W/D and do the Big Country slide outs have any insulation in them? From what I can find on the Heartland web site they do not but I want to make sure. Thanks

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I have a 3250 and briefly considered a stacked unit. If the 3450 has the same room a 3250 does, yes you have room for a stacked unit. Easy to find out though. Measure your space and go to Lowes etc. and measure an apartment stacked unit.

As far as the insulation in the slides--nope-not in my 3250. I think I remember reading somewhere here that HL doesnt insulate the slides.

Not sure why????
scratchead.gif

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't know why they would do it any different than our Bighorn. We have batt insulation in the side walls of our slide outs and the outer wall is laminated foam board the same as the rest of the coach. I can't believe they would not put insulation in the side walls. I just cut a 4" hole in the entertainment slide side wall to install an exhaust vent and the insulation is in there.

2010augusta

The side wall of our LM have pink fiberglass insulation in them too. The floors are not insulated, so that can make for some cold toes. I don't know about the ceilings, they probably have glass in them too.

Hunter11

Thanks guys. My wife found a Big Horn floor plan (3185RL) that she likes as well as the BC 3450TS and I like the fact it is a couple of feet shorter. When I priced them out at RV Direct Wholesalers the BH is only $300 more with the same options (loaded) so why not step up to the BH.

B

bwwalczak

Thanks for all the posts.

The Big Country and Bighorn brands have some in common, however many differences. Big Country and Bighorns are built on the same production line so many of the structural similarities exist. Biggest differences is that Big Country has a platinum exterior and many different layouts.

This is very different from what was done in the past. For years, Big Country was the "baby brother" to the Bighorn, not so anymore. Now you can have many similar options / standards, while pulling a completely different look and layout.

The ElkRidge has taken the price place of what Big Country used to be.

The 3450 can accomadate a stackable washer and dryer very easily in the double door cabinet located in the bedroom. Also we insulate our slide rooms on the sides with fiberglass batton insulation while the outside wall is laminated foam insulation, like the rest of the sidewalls.

Hope this helps.

Hunter11

"Does the 3185 have a place for a washer and dryer?"

I just recieved an email stating the 3185RL does not have W/D connections which is one of our requirements.

Bryan, thanks for the information.

B

bwwalczak

Correct, the walls of the slide room and the roof are insulated. The floor is wood.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
ok, here is a response to the same question about a Big Horn. I have been in the fridge slide on my BC, just like the back wall, I found no insulation.

//heartlandowners.org/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 06-13-2009
//heartlandowners.org/image.php?u=385&dateline=1202399571tcbrady //heartlandowners.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
Director of Sales ?€“ Fifth Wheels

//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon1.gif
the slideouts are technically not insulated in the 3410. However, Heartland has tested the Bighorns in a zero degree chamber with the slide rooms out and the units were able to maintain a comfortable temperature above 70 degrees. Now if you are going to be camping in extreme temperatures then you will need to skirt the unit, etc. The Bighorn has exceptional R-values with our new laminated roof and floor system along with the laminated sidewalls. Hope this helps with your question.
regards,
Elkhart, IN 46414
Phone: 574-266-8726

It seems like our floor is pretty cold during winter months. Is there insulation in the floor? can you add more insulation? Thanks

B

bwwalczak

If you are refering to the slide room floors, in recent product we have added insulation to the slide room floors.

GOTTOYS

I would think you could cut a sheet of foam board insulation and velcro to the bottom on the outside. It would have to be removed before you out the slide back in....Just a thought..Don

gcd28

Yes, your 3450TS has a large enough space built in for a stackable W/D. I know because I just bought a new 2011 33450TS with the appliances and they fit fine. Not sure about the insulation in the slide question - someone else will have to help you with that.