2011 model landing jacks

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
I am curious if the rumour is true that all 2011 models will have a hydraulic front landing gear? If this is true, good work by Heartland to fix a major issue on the Cyclones.

As for me, I would like to know if Heartland can offer a retofit kit that will allow me to install this system on my 2010 3950?

Keep up the great work Heartland...........:)

Delaine and Lindy

Hydraulic Jacks !!!!

I would call Lippert they have the Level Up system with 6 hydraulic and can give you advice. I haven't seen a 2011 Heartland but I do think they are offering the Hydraulic Jack system with 4 Hydraulic Jacks. There are several who own Landmarks or Big Horns who have upgraded to the Hydraulic Jack system and all seem to be very pleased. GBY...

Mike Aplin

Yes, we are adding Hydraulic front landing gear as a forced option on all Cyclone and Road Warriors currently rolling offline. This is one example of Heartland listening to our customers feedback and product suggestions that we receive. Thank you to all of our owners and prospective owners! Mike

R.Pratt

Yes, we are adding Hydraulic front landing gear as a forced option on all Cyclone and Road Warriors currently rolling offline. This is one example of Heartland listening to our customers feedback and product suggestions that we receive. Thank you to all of our owners and prospective owners! Mike

With that, will there be a re-fit kit for us who want to update ours? my 2010 electric front jacks leave something to be desired........

Mike Aplin

I am not sure if Lippert offers a "retro fit" for the new landing gear. You should give our customer service a call at 877-262-8032. Thanks, Mike

tcbrady

Heartland does not offer a retro fit - the best recommendation would be to call Lippert Customer Service as the Heartland Customer Service team will not have any info or knowledge on how to make this significant change.
thanks!

tcbrady

rvn4fun,
That is correct, Big Country units do not have hydraulic front landing gear.
thanks, Coley

jbeletti

I spoke to both Lippert and Trailair (a Lippert company) this morning about this upgrade. I have a figure for the work to be performed by Trailair at their shop in Goshen, but Lippert has asked me for a little more time before giving me anything official to put on the forum as far what to do, who to call and what to pay for an "electric to hydraulic front jack conversion".

As soon as I have this, I will post it.

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't know about anyone else, but I think it would be a great deal to make all 5th wheels with hydraulic landing gears.

My first 5th wheel was a 2006 Forest River Wildcat and it came with hydraulic landing gear.

If you put this on all 5th wheels you would then be buying in volume and get a better price that could be passed on to the buyer and have a better system than the electic.

I haven't had a big problem with my electric landing gear, but it is frustrating to keep looking at the landing gear legs to see if it is going up or down. I am always anxious about blowing a fuse, breaking a gear, and running the battery down.

In fact.. If I ever buy another 5th wheel it will have a hydraulic landing gear. If it doesn't I won't buy it...

BC

Dragoon

I spoke to both Lippert and Trailair (a Lippert company) this morning about this upgrade. I have a figure for the work to be performed by Trailair at their shop in Goshen, but Lippert has asked me for a little more time before giving me anything official to put on the forum as far what to do, who to call and what to pay for an "electric to hydraulic front jack conversion".

As soon as I have this, I will post it.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. Am seriously considering this and am most interested in the information.

kkflstf

I have a new 2011 3850 built the first week of Dec. After a lot of begging, pleading, wining, etc. (not really) Heartland agreed to put hyd. jacks on our unit, and they are sweet! No more hoping all goes well when you hook & un-hook let alone the slow speed. I had a few jack issues on my previous 08’ 3795 and vowed to never buy another trailer with electric jacks. In addition, I am very impressed with the feature and overall quality improvements on the 2011. The list is long, but I’m convinced the Cyclones are the best TH at the price point on the market.

R.Pratt

Thanks Jim,
I was thinking if it is a decent retro fit, including some rear jacks and then leveling computer should be easy as well, then again if it is too much then a full hyd leveling kit may be the way to go

again thanks all for the info

Mike Aplin

I can't tell you how much we appreciate your kind words regarding your brand new 2011 Cyclone. We strive everyday to produce the finest toy haulers in the market and for that I say thank you. Mike

caissiel

The industry went to motorized slide and on big unit they all were a problem, I had Hydraulics and never once had a problem. I waited for a new trailer with Hydraulic slides. Its a great Idea to have the Hydraulic levelers. Surely would be an improvement. Specially the rear stabilizers that have many motor failures. Automatic levelers, thats an other story, much stronger and might add more cost to the RV.