Dead Batteries

mo11

Hello all, I went to check on the tt the other day as it's been in storage for about three months. I noticed the batteries are dead. I assume they will re-charge like normal once plugged back in to either the truck or house, right?

Thanks, Mo

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it should recharge. I would plug in to 120 volt and recharge or use a charger. The next time you store your rig, disconect the battery before leaving. I should hold the charge that way.

Peace
Dave

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
it depends on how discharged your batteries are. If there is 0 volts then you may have to replace the batteries. If they are about 8-9 volts you might be lucky and save them with a proper recharge.
As Dave says, next time you put it into storgae, discomnect the batteries.

Rrloren

I installed a battery disconnect switch to allow me to turn off all power , the batteries will last several months. Inexpensive and easy install.

lwmcguir

If the temp has been below freezing, your batteries will be fried. They will freeze easlily when the voltage drops below 9 volts.

mo11

Thanks all for the great replies. I will take a meter out there and check them. I guess it won't hurt to disconnect them now anyway?