Bow in basement floor--normal?

aatauses

Hi everyone,
I need to know if this is normal or do I have an issue? We have a 2010 BH 3670 and the basment floor has a bow in it (side to side bow). It looks like it dips about 1.--1.5" in the middle. Is this normal or is there a support/brace that has let go? Our weight is about 1500lbs light so I know per the scales we are not overweight and our weight distribution is ok.
Just do not know if this bow/dip is normal??
Also, I searched for the thread on hydraulic fluid, but can't find it---what is the recommended hydraulic fluid to use (just want to have some on hand!!)
thanks
al

jbeletti

Al,

The bow is "not normal". Not that much. When you press down on it, if you can, does it find solid footing - like a screw was missed, into a brace? If so, I'd say the fix is simple, but you may want a dealer to do it. You may have a tank under that area and hate to see you put some screws into it.

The hydraulic fluid is ATF - automatic transmission fluid. See if you have a Lippert manual for your hydraulic pump. If not, you can get it off the Manuals section above under Tools. It will have the fluid spec in it.

If anyone else knows better on the fluid, they will weigh in here and trump my recollection. Same for the basement floor, if anyone has experience in a floor storage basement floor that is bowing upward as much as 1.5", you'll hear what they did to fix it.

See you in FL next week!

Jim

Rickhansen

aatauses,
Our 3670 has the same sag in the middle of the basement floor. I read another thread (don't recall the model or poster) of someone else who had this issue and repaired it by removing the underbelly and adding cross-bracing under the floor. If I run across that post, I'll share it here.

I do not believe it is caused by excess weight, as our basement isn't heavily loaded. The floor is still solid. I will continue to "monitor" ours before I expend the effort and costs to repair or make modifications.

On the bright side, if you ever get even a small water leak it shows up in the middle of the basement floor.

jbeletti

Al,

Per our conversation yesterday, my bad. Did realize it was a sagging floor. Thought it was bowed up. Still, yes, this is not normal and needs to get looked at and repaired.

Forum member kakampers had an issue a year ago with something similar on their BH. Please call Heartland Customer Service to get this logged into your record as you're nearing the end of your warranty period. Hopefully you can get this taken care of in FL this month at the dealer near Tampa.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The hydraulic fluid reservoir should be filled about 1 inch below the top when all slides are closed and legs retracted. Mercron V fluid is recommended by Lippert.

Our 09 3490BHS also has a sag in the middle of the basement floor, it dips about a half an inch,it seems to be ok,I had the dealer check it,when it was still under warrenty,and they said all looks good, also I have gotten used to it, if you look behind the docking center,there is a mess of hoses, I had a small leak,at one of the winterization valves(bad connection from the fctory,my dealer said) and because of the bow in the floor,all the water gathered in the center, it seems to me that this is a carefully thought out design from Heatland for water leaks.when there is a leak from behind the docking center, you don't really know about it,untill it is to late.