What size springs?

todalake

I ordered heavy axle(7000#) when I got my BC. It came with G tires but Chinese(Freestar) which I swapped out next year for Goodyears. Dealer said get a tire dealer to swap but they wouldn't touch them. Question is did this come with heavier springs for 7000# or did it come with springs for 6000#? How do I tell?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
From my experience..

My BH had 6k axles. The springs were 4 leafs.

I had 7k axles put under it when a set of springs broke. It came with 5 leaf springs.

I now have Mor/Ryde IS and DB..

I have seen some post that they have 3 leaf springs for 6k axles. That in my opinion is not correct.

If your springs are only 4 leaf you can contact Lippert or Heartland to see if they will correct it. You can also go to a spring and axle company and add a leaf. Be careful to make the ride to stiff. You will bounce everything in the unit around. Check one of KaKamper's threads about adding larger axles...

BC

thomasinnv

if it was ordered with 7000# axles then it should have 7000# springs. (3500# each.) they would most likely be 5 or 6 leaf spring packs.

lwmcguir

You can check out the Lippert web site and see the different axles and springs. It should have 5 leaves. Some springs are heavier and don't have as many leaf's, such as the mobile home axles that often just have one. Quality of the springs vary as well with some heavy ones having more flexibility and a better ride than the lower rated springs. There is a vast difference between manufacturers and series of springs.