Parking triple axle

landp

I need advice on parking my triple axle cyclone. When I back into a camp site the tires seem to be bending way to much. I am thinking about deflating the front tires so just two will be touching the ground. any other smarter ideals out there?

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
If you deflate the front axle tires, it will transfer that much more weight to the remaining axles and make them flex more as you turn. Hopefully the axle assm is capable of the torsion flex of making turns. The main thing is to be sure you pull
forward or go in reverse a few feet to be sure the axle/tires have a chance to relax
back to the inline position before you set up. Best wishes, may God Bless ya, Al W

thomasinnv

if you must make sharp turns do it slowly, and as stated above, sometimes you will need to go forward/backward a few times during a maneuver in order to put less stress on the axles.

caissiel

Its more critical on paved or concrete pads. I usually had to observe that a lot with only 50PSI. So tire inflation is more critical. Now with 110PSI the tire seam to curl less.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is not good to overdo the flexing but they are designed to flex. But once you get into the space be sure to go forward and back a time or two to straighten out the wheels so they are not parked in the flexed position.

ArlingtonFire

New owner here and wondering is triple axles that much different than dual axles?? My Montana with dual axles used to curl alot when backing on drive.

lwmcguir

The spring hangers are very light metal. You can bend them if you hit any resistance when curling the tires at 110 PSIG. Somthing to also keep in mind.

caissiel

You are right, thats why I watch not to cut to sharp at all. The tires need to slide. I usually cut while the tires are still turning and that is far from 88 degrees.

R.Pratt

we found the same thing,
even though it is capable of over 88 Deg turning i have had mine over 90, the tires will flex but just some prior planning and less sharp turn will take care of it all, triples will drag more than doubles just by design but if you keep the tire pressure up it will be ok, my friend thought deflating would be good and after several hours jakcking it up and replacing the tire he doesnt any more, it pulled the bead off, sever 90 deg turn with a heavy trailer.....

i have found that you cannot cut very sharp when backing, try and make easier turns.
we have ripped out the back axle, live in cul-de-sac and use to come and in and cut very sharp. had to add gussets to rear shackles to keep from happening again. also found to let all air out of air bags on truck to put more weight on front axle than rear.