Sporadic Electrical Issues

RugRat

Just got back from my second trip. Prior to leaving, I noticed the lights in the entertainment center didn't work and then later on they worked again. Well, when we got to the campground they wouldn't work again. Then, I noticed the reading lights in the bedroom weren't working now either. Not sure if the two are related, but check fuses and they seemed fine. Need to visit the dealer in a few weeks so will add this to the list.

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
Had same problem in bedroom slide. Its wiring run under the bed and when slide was extended, it pulled a connection loose. May be same problem on entertainment if it is also a slide.

jbeletti

WildWind posted
Just Poor Quality Control...

Clarence,

Rather than delete your post, I must ask," how are you helping RugRat with your comment"? While I do not disagree that there is a chance that the lighting was not checked for proper operation by the factory and by the dealer, i.e. "a QC matter", I would hope when an effort is made to post a response, that it is done in a way that is helpful - in "any" way.

Please work with me on this. Thank you,

Jim
Admin

BigBlue

BigBlue
RugRat
Another possibility is the connections in the fuse panel. I found in my Monticello that the wires on the output of the circuit breakers were loose. Same thing could be happening on the 12 volt fuse panel.

RugRat

Thanks for the responses. I will check those areas. Both the lights worked on my first trip. Somewhere between storage and the second trip the lights quit working. I need to go back in a few weeks for some warranty work on some minor issues. Overall, I am happy with the quality of my camper and find the dealer to be very helpful in making sure things are fixed. I had a problem with the slide out motor and one mechanic spent the entire day putting several new motors on until they finally removed one off of a new unit which fixed the problem. Everything you buy has the potential to have problems, but it is how the dealer/manufacturer handles the problems that sets someone apart.