Pictures of plaque mounted?

wyleyrabbit

I haven't yet mounted our plaque and am looking for tips. Do I need to use anything on the threads to prevent the screws from working loose? Where on the ladder do most people mount the plaques?

Anyone have any pictures of their plaques mounted?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Since our's sits on a seasonal site, backed up to the trees, I chose to put it out front while in residence. Mounted the plaque to a piece of painted plywood and hang it off the pin box.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple of pics of our plaque. I have not had any problems with screws coming loose.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC00876.JPG
    DSC00876.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC00877.JPG
    DSC00877.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 171

wyleyrabbit

Thanks for the pic Dave. Looks great. I like that the plaque doesn't completely cover any of the steps.

Does anyone mount the plaque up higher, like above the window?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Mine's in almost the same spot as Dave's. We carry bikes back there. Up higher would intefere with that. I take the plaque off when we're not using the trailer for extended periods.

truknutt

Committed Member
what is that above the two battery/generator vents on the front wall (door-side)?

Wyley, I believe those are the battery vents and that appears to be the remote sensor for a weather station. (at least that's what mine looks like.)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rabbit, mine is about the same height as Daves......but Im going to move it up. Its a PITA to climb over or remove to install my flag pole. As to the screws, mine have never came loose......yet. Bob:D

mlburst1

Wyley, ours is attached higher - no problems with screws coming lose yet! (wife may disagree....)

Attachments

• Sundance-Club.jpg
    Sundance-Club.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 69

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
what is that above the two battery/generator vents on the front wall (door-side)?

That's the sending unit for the electronic "weather station" we picked up at WalMart. I stuck some velcro on it and the wall to mount it there, rather than screwing it on.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Dave,

I really can't remember which one but I do know that it just fits in the front compartment of the Bighorn. That is the strongest fiberglass extension flagpole we have had yet! I can measure it later and let you know.