somewhere to put book and glasses in bedroom

labbysmom

In the 2011 3670 Bighorn, the side headbanging shelves have been removed, but there is no where to put your glasses or book bedside. I thought a narrow cloth mail organizer attached to each frame of the slide on either side of the bed would be a good idea but I'm having trouble finding one. Wondering if owners have any other ideas?

Thank you
Diane

charliehorse

Hobby Lobby and Michaels both offer a small unfinished ( and inexpensive) about 4"X12" "shelf" - looks nice - this will easily attach to wall over head of bed, I stained mine to match and put in a piece of "anti-slip" foam shelf liner . does a good job for us !

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yea to what Alan posted. It is more work than what Charliehorse posted. Ours runs the lenght of the headboard that way DW can fill it up with "stuff". No wonder we are over on the pin. Bob:D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
They make fabric glass/book holders that have a panel that slips between the mattress and box spring on a regular bed and the pouches hang on the side. The wife uses one at home. One of those would probably work for you, might need to put some velcro on just keep it from moving too much. Probably find them at someplace like Bed,Bath,& Beyond.

Bob&Patty

Thanks Alan, it sure has come in handy. We can just reach up and grab a remote or a bottle of water while in bed. It wasnt really that hard to do. Just remove the headboard and build away. Bob:D

Draco Dog

I love these ideas. I am also tired of the side head-banging shelves. In our 3670 2008 BH, I had my shelf removed. Now that we have the 3670 2010 BH, I am still trying to get along with this shelf. I just hate it. Guess I need to get hubby on the ball. What great ideas you all come up with.

rick_debbie_gallant

I love these ideas. I am also tired of the side head-banging shelves. In our 3670 2008 BH, I had my shelf removed. Now that we have the 3670 2010 BH, I am still trying to get along with this shelf. I just hate it. Guess I need to get hubby on the ball. What great ideas you all come up with.

Not a problem with our shelf. We bought a 3" memory foam mattress topper for our mattress. It (mattress topper) comes to the bottom of the shelf so there is nothing left to bang our heads on.:) works great for us. dont know what we would do without the shelf.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With all the real estate the king size bed affords, how do you hit your heads on that puny little shelf??:confused: Kiss and make up and you won't have to sleep so close to it :D

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
You would think if you paid what a bighorn costs, they could put a decent night stand/shelf or something on both sides of the bed. Just don't make a lot of sense to me.

porthole

Retired
Not a lot of room around the Cyclone bed. I added this shelf. It just "drops" on the top of the head board.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5748&d=1259722628

Bob&Patty

Duane, nice job. Its simple and works. My DW would not go with simple. SO........... BTW, I like the red pillow covers........DW's idea?? Bob:D

porthole

Retired
BTW, I like the red pillow covers........DW's idea??

Actually - no.

But I didn't go out and buy them either. We had more guests then beds when our Daughter got married a year ago. Seeing how the groom and half the wedding party was from the UK we had to make room. So I bought a nice inflatable bed. Topped it off with nice new sheets, down comforter and a fancy schmancy "duvet" set.

So after the crowd was gone and we bought this new trailer, which BTW has a bed cover that matches nothing in the trailer except for the window valance, which matches nothing in the trailer - well you get it.

Anyway, saw no reason to let it sit around. I think it goes well in the trailer. And it was one change that had zero impact on my wallet :D

BTW - the Cyclone rides so smooth that the clock stays put!

Riverman

Very nice Duane
Im sure something like that is going to be one of the first mods to our new cyclone.

Riverman

We dont need it fancy....just functional.
I am really surprised that they have not incorporated something at the factory to address this shortcoming.

Draco Dog

Very Funny. ha ha ha We have a small Bichon that thinks he is a great, big doggie. Can he lie straight in the bed, no, he has to lie side-ways. At night, we (all 3) start off in the center of the bed. But as the night progresses, we tend to gravitate to our own sides. And then come into contact with that great, big shelf. It doesn't seem so big till I hit my head on it during the night. Darn thing, anyway.