Purchase Through Richardson's RV

We are very close to purchasing a Cyclone 3010. I filled out the www.heartlandexpress.com website and got quoted a very competitive price from Richardson's RV in southern california. This works our well for us since we live in Northern Cal, and this would be an easy drive down. We could spend a full day/night for PDI, and drive back.

Does anybody have any experience dealing with Richardson's RV?

jimtoo

HI Alex,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help if needed.

If you do purchase a unit,, take plenty of time doing the PDI. Even if you need to stay overnight and check things out. Make sure they hook up to city water and check all the TV cables and connections. If you need some help we are here.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

frumbawa

Hello MotorDirtHead,

Richardson's has several locations. Do you know which one you are being directed to? When shopping for my Sundance, I scoped out the Temecula location and even though they told me over the phone they had Sundances on the lot, when I got there they did not at which point sales rep starting pushing SOBs that kind of fit what I was looking for. I was not impressed. I've also heard their service is not the greatest but I can't attest to that personally.

Sounds like you already know what you're looking for so if your deal is done in advance, you will probably avoid the sales gimics.

Good luck with your purchase.

Frank

ky-newbie

Website?

I'm curious about the "heartlandexpress" website mentioned. I went there, but it's the website for a trucking company. Is that the correct URL?

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
You might also try the new full line dealer, See Grins in San Martin. I've heard they are very competitive. A bit closer to Northern CA as well.

wdk450

Searches

We are very close to purchasing a Cyclone 3010. I filled out the www.heartlandexpress.com website and got quoted a very competitive price from Richardson's RV in southern california. This works our well for us since we live in Northern Cal, and this would be an easy drive down. We could spend a full day/night for PDI, and drive back.

Sir:
I suggest you use the search function on this website and search the term "Richardson". I would also suggest that you check out the www.rvservicereviews.com website. Click on "Ca." and then go down the list to Richardson's.
Did you search for Cyclone dealers on the HEARTLAND company website in Northern Ca.? I came up with dealers in San Martin, Sacramento, Roseville, French Camp, and Reno, Nv.

Hamshog

Hey Motodirthead,

I don't own a Heartland yet, but I bought my Jayco from Richardson's in Sun City a year or so ago and have been pleased with their service and price. Had the unit back once for some stereo problems and service was good, ecept the installer left the rig a little dirty. They cleaned it up, appologized and I was on the road.

We are also looking at Cyclones and will more than likely buy from Richardson's RV..

Regards, Hamshog

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
MOTOD, my experiance with Richardsons was not good with their service dept. I must say the sales was fine.........but. We purchased the BH....left it for a week with a list of 7 things to fix before we signed the papers and took delivery. Not one thing on the list was repaired. Took it back...was there for a month......about 1/2 of it was repaired. I just took the BH and fixed it myself. Would I buy from them again....maybe. Would I recommend there service department?? NO. Bob:(

sandman

:(Hey MOTO i purchased a sundance from richardson and it was the terribel salesman was ok but past that it went down hill:( ,rude service has no idea how to fix anything i had to bring mine home after a week in sevice and fix it myself and from the owner down to the repair men nobody care . my opinon buy someplace else just my two cents, but we love are heartland take care.

gpshemi

National RV Direct just beat the Lakeshore price I got. They have the same owners. I haven't picked up our Cyclone yet, but I don't forsee any issues either. With that said, Ca to Mi is a long haul.

EDIT: It turns out NRV / Lakeshore relationship may be false. IDK.

Last edited:

wdk450

Some of these remote dealers will have the trailer shipped to you by a hauler. In fact one of these haulers is in this online group (Trucknutt?) . If you save enough, it might be worth it. You could get your local independent RV servicer to do the PDI with you.

DC10-FE

Motord,
Are you still looking for the 3010? I'm in No. CA myself and worked with Pan Pacific in French Camp for my 3010 since they were the only Cyclone dealers in the area. I got a good quote from an out of state dealer and was willing to drive out and pick it up as well. Since I was running into a time crunch, I threw an offer to Pan Pacific and the sales staff worked well with me and matched the offer, thus saving me essentially 6 days of travel out and back. They didn't have what I wanted in stock so they ordered it from the factory. Six week later, my baby showed up.

Now, here's the down side. The service department at the French Camp location is run by a couple of former Keystone cops (No offense to Keystone trailers). These two jackwagons couldn't figure out how to open an RV door if they had a key. I have received one heck of a run-around from the service manager and his sidekick. I had roughly 15 PDI items for them to take care of and they are STILL not done. Most of the items could have been taken care of in a day. Minor tweaks and adjustments, but the major items are still "being looked at". If you need a place to store your RV, by all means, take it in for service because it will sit in their storage lot for a LONG time before anybody even looks at it. It didn't take Heartland this long to build it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this trailer, when I actually get to use it, but that was back in July and I haven't seen it since. There is another Pan Pacific dealer in the Sacramento area that I should have checked out since it is actually closer to where I live. Unfortunately, the French Camp dealer was the only one with Cyclones in stock and I'm one of those that needs to touch and feel it before I commit to buying, just ask my wife. Like I mentioned before, the sales staff were very friendly and helpful, but the service mgr is clueless. They have a new 3010 on the lot and they're listing it for a little more than $20K over what I got mine for.

On a side note, I have talked to HL and they are an extremely helpful resource and will bend over backward to give you any assistance you need, after all, it's their name and reputation on the line. The problem is at the dealer level. Once I do get my 3010 back, it will NEVER set tires on their lot again. Hope this helps and good luck.