2009 3670RL Possible Frame Flex Issue - help/advise

Trillium

We have a crack at the lower left corner of our bedroom slide and have had water infiltration on the carpet at that same corner.

Our dealer called us and said that they would send out the trailer to have the crack repaired and this would be under warrenty. We are concerned that repairing the crack will not fix the root cause of the problem. The crack seems to open up or get smaller depending on whether the trailer is hooked up to the tow vehicle or not. My concern is that if the frame is cracked or has a broken weld then we may be out of warrenty if this is not addressed now.
I have attached a couple of photo"s and hope they come through as I have not done this before.

Who do we contact at Heartland to find out how this should be handled.

Your help and advise would be appreciated.

Attachments

• P1070239.JPG
    P1070239.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 105
  • P1070244.JPG
    P1070244.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 97

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Contact Heartland Customer Service and tell them what you issue is. Have your vin ready.

Trillium

Heartland Customer Service E-mail address?

I have checked this forum and the Heartland Web site and for some reason cannot find an e-mail address for Heartland Customer Service only phone number was found.

Does anyone have the Customer Service E-mail address?

wdk450

Check "Portal" Tab

I have checked this forum and the Heartland Web site and for some reason cannot find an e-mail address for Heartland Customer Service only phone number was found.

Does anyone have the Customer Service E-mail address?

Copied from this website "Portal" tab page:

Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030
eMail Heartland Service

lwmcguir

Jim Fenner is the manager of customer service. Good place to start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trillium

thankyou 2010augusta

Not sure what the portal page is as I would like to go back and find out why I could not find it. But many thanks for posting the e-mail address. I will send an e-mail out tonight.

2010augusta

thankyou 2010augusta

Not sure what the portal page is as I would like to go back and find out why I could not find it. But many thanks for posting the e-mail address. I will send an e-mail out tonight.

Portal page is one of the options one the header menu. at the top of every page.

Trillium

Wow, thanks for all your replies. I am not computer challenged, but far from a computer whiz. Finally took me all of 10 minutes to finally see the light. lol It must be a sign of old age?
Thanks for all your posts.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I had a flex crack at the bedroom slide and emaied pictures of the crack and of the plate showing the complete VIN for their reference. We set an appointment for us to bring the trailer back to Elkhart for the repairs to be made there.

Trillium

Thankyou jayc, I am sending Jim Fenner an e-mail with photo's. Hope your trailer was fixed without any further issues. We really like our trailer and hope that if it is indeed frame flex that it too will be repaired so that it will not re-occur.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Actually, we postponed the repair due to the winter weather in Elkhart and work camping and other committments we have. I'm sure that Jim and his guys at the factory will take care of us.

Camping World was my selling dealer and since they are now a Thor outlet only and don't sell Heartland products, I couldn't take it back there.