2011 Model Year Bighorn Changes

jbeletti

Attached is a list of changes to Bighorn for the 2011 model year.

Jim

Attachments

• 2011_Bighorn_Changes.pdf
    838 KB · Views: 873

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Whoopee do. I hope 2012 gets some more standard changes than these mentioned, like some side stabilizing jacks, and some more substantial improvements, with all the new technology out there.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
They are finally doing all the things a pushed so hard for many years ago, really glad to see it. All you soon-to-be-owners of Bighorns are sure lucky to have so many upgrades available.

ATLJOHN

Just got an email from our dealer that our 2011 3670RL was delivered yesterday morning. We are going to pick it up on 22 Jan. We cant wait. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa Claus. But here in Atlanta with 20 degrees and ice everywhere we will be glad to wait 2 weeks.

back2nature

I'm looking forward to seeing the 2011. Our dealer, near here, is not planning to order a display one any time soon. We're getting close to buying.

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
We started looking at BH's in early 2008, I thought the changes from then until we finally bought our 2010 3670rl were great! The new changes even make it better!
Thanks for the info Jim... looking forward to seeing one at the camper show!

Jim-n-Leslie

Waiting for the 2012...

I have to agree with Larryheadhunter. I do not see too many substantive upgrades from my 2009 to the 2011, given the state of the technology. Why would they not make an electrical system surge protection standard like a behind the wall SurgeGuard? And maybe a light under the side by the sewer connect so you can do more than grope around or hold a flashlight in your mouth while juggling the cap off the discharge? Or maybe I'll just wait until the morning to hook up that sewer line... :D
Jim

Pizzaguy

We purchased a 2011 3610RE in December and are very pleased with the changes. The new graphics,hydraulic front landing gear,keyless entry,and upgraded mattress are great improvements.The other changes are very nice also,especially the halogen "recessed" lighting.One change not listed is the more residential GE Profile microwave/convection oven if you choose the convection option.

jbeletti

I have to agree with Larryheadhunter. I do not see too many substantive upgrades from my 2009 to the 2011, given the state of the technology. Why would they not make an electrical system surge protection standard like a behind the wall SurgeGuard? And maybe a light under the side by the sewer connect so you can do more than grope around or hold a flashlight in your mouth while juggling the cap off the discharge? Or maybe I'll just wait until the morning to hook up that sewer line... :D
Jim

Jim and Leslie,

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of the light by the sewer discharge area. Is this area not well lit from the scare lights on that side of your coach? Something for us to consider.

As for making a surge guard system as standard equipment, I don't feel this is something you're going to see from Heartland. Don't get me wrong, I believe in such product. However, there are several brands and styles of this product and for us as a manufacturer to choose the brand/model that everyone is going to get, whether they want it or not, then add $400-$800 to the retail price of every unit, I'm not sure that would sit well with 100% of our customers. That is how a manufacturer has to look at it.

By not including everything in an RV that some (but not all) RVers would want or would pay for, it allows those who want this or that to add it, either on their own or by their dealer. We try to strike a balance.

Jim

tcbrady

Doug - the new Titanium should be on the website around January 1. We won't be in production of this new floorplan until Feb. 1. Hope this helps with your question!

K

karykatz

The new Bighorn Ti32 cab over design with the titanium technology will have all of the new bighorn updates. I hope this helps. We are looking for production to start first week in Feb.

I hope this helps.

sher524

Jim
We are new to the forum and SOON TO BE HEARTLAND OWNERS!!! Thanks for your input, each comment helps us make a more informed decision on our new home. You are correct that everyone would not want the same options or even standards in some cases. Looking forward to making our purchase in the next few weeks.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi sher524 and welcome to the forum.

Dont know which HL you are buying but there is a thread about the Big Horn Ti here
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/19620-Pictures-of-new-Bighorn-Titanium

Enjoy the forum.

sher524

Thanks. We are trying to decide between 3610RE or 3585RL. Like the bedroom set up in the 3585, but like having the rear entertainment unit (Hubby is big TV guy) Any thoughts out there?

dmcessna

We are looking at the 3585RL. We like the extra closet and pantry next to the stairs. We also like the location and appearance of the stairs. I saw some photos of a customers new 3585 on here a couple weeks ago and the fireplace and desk swapped locations. Kind of liked it, but the dealer had not heard of this change yet. Have heard rumors of a 3455RL but can't find any info.

Last edited: