Univ. Docking Station door support

3670mike

UDS door swings open to the left and but does not have any latches or spring hinges to hold it against the wind. Has anyone come up with a simple solution to save the door from crashing into the LP gas door's latch? Mike 3670

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Install a door holder like the one on your entry door. The arm piece on the uds door and the latch piece on the lp door.

jnbhobe

Mor-Ryde put on my slam doors and put hydralic cylinders on so they wouldn't open too far, at my request.:cool::cool::cool:

caissiel

I like all doors to storage to open fully 90 deg or more. I use only storage bins in the storage area.

jnbhobe

My side hinged slam doors open to about 120 to 130 degrees and the top hinged one opens about 150 to 160 degrees with hydralic struts as stops

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
UDS door swings open to the left and but does not have any latches or spring hinges to hold it against the wind. Has anyone come up with a simple solution to save the door from crashing into the LP gas door's latch? Mike 3670

BobSue did this, using the standard door latch. He also put a support mount on both doors to secure it to, otherwise you might end up ripping holes in the thin door material. I've got the latch and some aluminum sheet, just haven't done it to mine yet. One more time getting whacked in the kiester while I'm half inside the basement will probably do the trick.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=9599&highlight=BobSue

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here is a link to a door check used on tow truck tool boxes.

Not too sure that would work with the side swinging ODS cargo door on the 3670. No place to mount it to on the inside of the basement and it would restrict full opening of the door if you did fabricate some kind of mounting plate.

Another "problem door" on the 3670 is the propane cabinet. With both tanks in it, it makes for a large door, too. Corporal punishment trying to change tanks in a breeze