Just bought a Elk Ridge 29RKSA

We're first-time RV buyers and decided to go for the Elk Ridge 29RKSA after contemplating long and hard between the Cougar and Chaparral. We're taking delivery on Monday afternoon, cant wait!

I do have a question, though - the brochure says the LCD tv has its own SWING ARM. when i took a look at the unit we were buying, the LCD was bolted to the wall, and the salesman said it does NOT swing out, its just stuck there. this means if I sit on the couch (the one that has an air mattress built-in) I have to crank my neck to look sideways to the left to watch TV. is this right, or did the salesman just make a mistake? (maybe the swing-out bracket was locked?)

Thanks! Will post pictures soon

Jellystone

Congrats on the new Elk Ridge. I'm not exactly sure on that particular model of the television swing arm installed, but on my Road Warrior the arm pulls the television out some and then you can swivel it. When it was new this past summer, at first you had to give it a little hard pull to free it from the "locked" position but after a couple of uses it became easier.

jimpav

Tv

We bought a stand from Jensen and brought it inside our house for the winter. It's a great TV ! Just updated the TV's firmware last week to prevent lockup on digital signals.

Jim 35DSRL

B

bwwalczak

Congradulations on your new ElkRidge. I am EXTREMELY proud of the new ElkRidge products we are building.

As usual, everyone here at the plant loves to see photos of products "in action". If you ever get a chance, they can be posted to this forum.

Thanks again.

We've been using the ElkRidge for the past 2 weeks - everything works fantastic. But I have a comment on the original concern of my post here - the TV swivel arm not swiveling out. My salesman and the RV tech at the shop said its FIXED forever and does NOT swivel out (even if the brochure states that the swivel-arm is a STANDARD on all Elkridge units) They said there is an asterisk in the brochure that says features may change.
:(
Any reason why the factory decided not to put swivel arms anymore?
It really isn't too comfortable to sit on the couch and watch TV sideways :confused:

jmaguire

I don't know if HL stopped using the swivel arm, but without it I know what you mean. It is difficult at best to see the TV from the couch.

Paul_in_MN

I'd be quite suprised if the swing out arm was deleted. We bought our 2010 Eagle Ridge last July, and it has the swing arm with the 32" Jensen LCD. Our dealer suggested we take out the tv for the winter and use it in the house, so we did. As I took the tv out, it was suprisingly heavy, much more than I expected. Is it possible that HL was experiencing trouble with the weight bouncing as the trailer is pulled?

I think I'd contact the factory (with VIN #) and ask about the swing arm. If it was a deliberate delete, then there must have been a reason. But here is another possibility... maybe the original tv got stolen while the ER was on the dealer lot and damage done to the mounting area for the swing arm. So maybe the dealer just bolted in another tv without repairing possible structural damage. Another possibility is that the ER was towed without the tv being strapped in and it shook itself to destruction.

I think there are some answers to be had, and your dealer may be hiding something they already know. Do other ER coaches of this same model have the tv fastened tight??

I hope you find a simple solution. Best of luck!

Paul_in_MN