Freezing solved (at last)

grizzlygiant

Staying in our 2009 Sundance with night temperatures in the single digits has been an unhappy experience; all water pipes freeze as do the drain lines. Since daytime temperatures do not get above freezing this has been a permanenty condition.

SOLUTION:
I bought 8 sheets of particle board sheathing from Lowes plus a few metal framing corners and some screws. Total cost about $70. I cut panels from the sheathing to surround the trailer, overlaping the sheets and screwing them together. Metal framing anchors at the corners plus a few braces makes a complete skirt.

I had to blast the underside with my propane "salamander" heater for a few hours to thaw things out and now we are stabilized with a 1500 watt heater underneath.

This summer I will open the underbelly and add heating vents from the furnace to adequately heat the water system.. Too bad Heartland does not offer this option.

DW_Gray

I understand your problem. I've been having problems here in NC too. I'm here temporally so I can't do what you did. I'm glad you got it solved.