Shower door fell off.

morganm12

George
The framing for the shower door was not secured very good on the hinge side of the door. The beam across the top over the door opening was secured to the jam by a single 1/4" sheet metal screw which never really went through a hole into the doorjam. After a few miles on our great interstate hwy system the door becomes dislodges from the doorjam. Is this a problem unique only to my GC?

dieselengineer

Charter Member
I had the same issue with my shower door frame. Good thing, it is not a complex setup. I reworked the pieces on the top that hold the unit together. After I was at the right configuation, and the door was centered in the frame, I set a few more selftapping screws into the top frame. The orginal number was not enough for the type of roads we have in the east.

fulltimer

Has anyone had a problem with squeaks in the bedroom floor especially the area between the bed and the closet?

Fulltimer

nhunter

I have some squeaking in the living room if our 3600RL. Figured it is the floorboard rubbing on the framing.

morganm12

George
Its been awhile since I posted my shower door problem. The update is that we (Ruth & I) had occassion to go back to LSI in Elkhart and they replace at least part of the door frame and the door. All seems well now.

Last edited: