Where the thermostat

jpajax

I have a 3410re 2010 and it has a Carrier ac with a remote. the question is were is the sensor for the thermostat for the furnace in the hand held remote or in the ac unit.

rvn4fun

In our friends new Sundance, it is mounted in the air conditioner. Anyway that is what they think. It is kind of funny, because there air conditioner is in the living room right above the fireplace. When they camp in the fall cold they set up, turn the furnance on, turn the fireplace on and the furnance shuts off. So they adjust the thermostat all the way up to keep the furnance going. Everyone is happy until they shut the fireplace off and go to bed. During the night one of them usually gets up sweating and turns down the thermostat. :)

jimtoo

Hi jpajax,

This is number to Carrier, 866-464-2478, give them a call and ask if it can be moved to a better location. Maybe they can give you an idea as to where and how.

I also moved this thread out of ask the factory since the factory has answered and it does not need any more response from the factory.

Jim M

Tom of Ypsi

This is a little different but pretty close to the same. We have the Dometic Duo Therm furnace/air conditioner with the remote and the thermostat is located in the air conditionerand this is our second Duo Therm system. We are having trouble with our system and we are going to have the thermosat hard wired into a wall mount. The Duo Therm with remote is no longer being made do to problems such as running as it should then not restarting, not starting at all then all of a sudden it starts and sometimes it will not shut off. One night it ran until I woke up to 81 degrees and it would not shut off until I finally pulled the breaker.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Ok Kevin,
We have the 2009 BH 3400RE and we could never find a remote with our A/C. Are we supposed to have one and if so where? Thanks.

jpajax

My remote is just out side the bathroom and it sits in a cradle. My camper is 3410re . Some have a remote some don't but they do not have both fixed and a remote, as far as I know.

jpajax

Re: Where's the thermostat

While I was finding out why I didn't have but a little air flow I discovered that My camper is wired for a wall mount thermostat. It comes out in the wall were my fantastic fan thermostat is. So that means a wall mount is going in. The reason I didn't have air flow was that there is a peace of foam had come loose that was supposed too separate the intake side foam the discharge side.View attachment 7466

ChopperBill

Gawd! I hope I dont get the remote! Renee still has trouble with the TV! Besides I already bought the new Hunter and installed the fan switch for the new one thats coming.

jpajax

If I am not having a senior moment I think read somewhere that Carrier is not making units for RVs any more.