Murphy's Law for Law Enforcement

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I'm not, but I know we have a lot of law officers on here, thought I'd share this with you. :)

New uniforms and ties attract catsup and gravy.

You will never get the urge to use the bathroom until you have left the station.

Surprise inspections will only occur after you have been in a foot pursuit through mud.

The Mayor will get a traffic ticket the day before your department negotiates for a salary increase.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Also the harder they punch, kick and choke.

Never search a dark warehouse with a cop whose nickname is "Boom-Boom".

Pens never leak onto old uniform shirts.

To err is human, to forgive is against department policy.

Shatterproof flashlights seldom are.

If you park your patrol car in the exact center of the Gobi desert, within 5 minutes someone will pull up and ask for directions.

Glow in the dark sights are just as visible to you as they are to the crook hiding behind you.

Wearing white socks makes boot zippers break.

Coffee jitters will never bother you until firearm qualification day.

Flashlight batteries never die in the daylight hours.

Your mouthiest traffic violator will be related to the sheriff.

If the crooks are within pistol range, so are you.

The speed with which you respond to a fight in progress is inversely proportional to how long you have been an officer.

Perfect 10's only show up to talk when you are busy.

Bullet proof vests might be.

Old squad cars never die, they just smell that way.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I could apply some of those to RVing..

DW doesn't need to use the potty until you leave the restaurant and get 5 miles down the road.

talley

There is some truth in each of those listed. However, the one with the most validity is: " The speed with which you respond to a fight in progress is inversely proportional to how long you have been an officer."

In other words, "fools rush in where angels fear to thread". Been there done that!!:eek:

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
There is some truth in each of those listed. However, the one with the most validity is: " The speed with which you respond to a fight in progress is inversely proportional to how long you have been an officer."

In other words, "fools rush in where angels fear to thread". Been there done that!!:eek:

And you let the rookie get there first!

talley

Well... at least wait down the street and arrive at the same time!:cool: Can be one of those times when it does not pay to be first thru the door.

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
Even if ya are first through the door with the rookie, be sure YOU are LRQ. BTDT. God Bless ya all, Al W

Mariposa

PA systems

Using the PA on the patrol car, with something like "COPS, RUN" helps thin things out.
Bob