Looking 2 purchase, need advice!

dynaguy

Just joined the forum 2day to ask for a little input on a purchase, im considering a new cy3950 and had a question concerning the garage area.
Has anyone tried to put a Harley trike and a full dresser in the garage area?
If so please let me know, I am unable to locate on of these models close to where I live and I just need to know before I commit to the purchase which is in a state thats just too far to travel to just to do some measuring.
Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, DG.

jimtoo

Hi dynaguy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a swell bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help.

I do not know the answer to your question, but I did move it to a better area for responses from other Cyclone owners.

Enjoy the forum and happy camping.

Jim M

kkflstf

This might help.

Can't adress the trike, but I often haul a ultra classic and a modified, lifted 48" wide golf cart without problems. Its close but works well.

rick_debbie_gallant

I just saw a friends 3950. I believe he had a trike in there. He may have even had a dresser as well. He or his DW must have a lot of clothes though, because I think he had two full dressers in there. One on each side of the trike. I do not believe that they had mirrors on them. I would not either. I would be afraid of them breaking.

Hamshog

Just joined the forum 2day to ask for a little input on a purchase, im considering a new cy3950 and had a question concerning the garage area.
Has anyone tried to put a Harley trike and a full dresser in the garage area?
If so please let me know, I am unable to locate on of these models close to where I live and I just need to know before I commit to the purchase which is in a state thats just too far to travel to just to do some measuring.
Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, DG.

Hey Dynaguy,

Draw an 8' x 12' box on the garage/driveway and see if you can fit the bike & trike in the box...

Regards, Hamshog

Last edited:

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Nope, never had a trike and a full dresser, but my Road King Classic fits real good! :D The garage is about 8'1" wide inside. You might think about something like this: http://www.boltiton.com/ I plan to get one of these someday!

I spent a year in Wyoming, first in Douglas, then Gillette/Buffalo. I left the end of June, but may be going back soon - for another year or so. I LOVE MY CYCLONE!

CrazyScotsman

:D[I think he had two full dressers in there. One on each side of the trike. I do not believe that they had mirrors on them. I would not either. I would be afraid of them breaking.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmmmm Don't think thats the type of dresser dynaguy is talking about :D:D

truknutt

Committed Member
I just saw a friends 3950. I believe he had a trike in there. He may have even had a dresser as well. He or his DW must have a lot of clothes though, because I think he had two full dressers in there. One on each side of the trike. I do not believe that they had mirrors on them. I would not either. I would be afraid of them breaking.

Hey now! You guys with the big picture window where your ramp door should be ought not to be crackin' on the toyhauler PROSPECTIVE buyers!! :mad:

Wait 'til he buys then have at it!! :D

Jellystone

TRUKNUTT, don't forget that they also have recliners where the kidos luxury queen bunks are supposed to go.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Just some more of the Rodney Dangerfield treatment of toyhauler owners from the non-garage-dwellers...We get "No Respect!" :D :D

Jealousy, that's all it is! :D :D

dynaguy

Thanks to all for the quick feedback!! I guess I may just have to take chance.......now its time to find the best price, I think I have it narrowed down to two midwest dealers.....I will let all know how it turns out,Thanks again!!!!DG

dynaguy

took the plunge

Well, bit the bullet, I was able to get the salesman to go in the unit and make me a schematic with complete measurements and although I will be unable to do exactly what I wanted I just like this floorplan way to much to pass it up.
I layed down the deposit this morning and now to pick a delivery date. I did some price comparisions locally and also online, the one thing I fail to understand is why local dealers are so proud of there rv's. I always try to buy locally and support the home town but when your talking over $9000.00 in price difference I just have to do what I have to do. I battled two dealers pretty good and one out of Michigan, Lakeshore had the lowest price. even with shipping im still saving nearly $7k.
Time to start booking some rally trips, im finally going to get to Sturgis!!!
more posts coming, i need some good advise on how to use this thiing!! DG

smday

We bought the 3850 from Lakeshore. They have the pictures of our trailer on their website with our custom cabinets we asked for. So far we are happy and just waiting for spring to use it and really test it out.

Has anyone seen the HD models? I was talking with a RSM in Elkhart and OF COURSE trying to steer me towards the newest and most expensive units coming out. As I understand it ... HD stands for Heartland Desinger, as in Desinger Series? Some of the photos are real pretty ... don't know what the increase in $$$ is ... and not sure it's really worth it. ???

smday

i saw one at the dealer when we pick up ours. The outside looks great but not to keen of the whitish cabinets. Makes the interior look cold. I think they should stay with just the cherry. Price for the paint job is an additional 12-15,000 i think. i never did asked the dealer what the total was though. To excited to get ours.