Replacing factory TV

D and J

Hi, We have a '08 Bighorn 3055. We want to replace the 27" TV with a 32 or 37" Vizio. Has anyone replaced their factory TV? Any input would be very helpful.

Thanks, D & J

kkamshop

We had to replace both televisions when ours were stolen. Got a Samsung for the living room and Vizio for the bedroom.
What's your concern?

caissiel

We had a 32" in the previous RV so we replaced the 26" in the living room and installed it in the bedroom. The supporting arm is a bit flimsy for the 32", I will get a new arm later, so far we let it rest on the bottom shelf. The 32" does not fit inside the cabinet, but it looks good where it is. Made a special support that allowed support behind on to the shelf.

D and J

We had to replace both televisions when ours were stolen. Got a Samsung for the living room and Vizio for the bedroom.
What's your concern?
My concern is that I'm going from a 27" - 26 lb tv to a 37" - 29 lb tv. As it will not fit in the cabinet I was looking for suggestions on how to secure it.

I am also considering mounting directly to desk top. If anyone has attempted any of these I would appreciate knowing what you did to make it work.
Thanks D

dudley43

I just replaced my Olivia 26" in our 2009 3670 Bighorn with a 2011 40" Samsung. The steel bracket in the Bighorn is custom made to fit the back of the Olivia. It will not likely fit any other tv. The solution for us was to purchase from Mennards a $60 ajustable LCD TV bracket, drill two additional mounting bolt holes in the Bighorn bracket and mount the swing arm bracket to it. The Samsung 40" easily slips onto the new bracket, it infinitely adjustable and fits exactly the the space available. The tv is easily removed from the bracket for travel.

Additionally, I purchased a second swing-arm LCD TV bracket and mounted it to a 20" section of 2" galvanized pipe, threaded the pipe onto a stock 2" floor flange and mounted it to the floor of the "basement" storage compartment. The 26" Olivia was then slipped onto the LCD mount. It is infinitely ajustable and can be swung completely inside the storage compartment against the rear wall providing unrestricted access to the compartment. The TV is also easily slipped off the mount for travel. Total cost for both mounts, pipe, etc. was approximately $110.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our first mod was replacing the 27 with a 32" Vizio. It would fit into the compartment without modification to the entertainment area. I used long shelf brackets to mount it to the compartment base which is 3/4" plywood. I also did a bit of a mod to the desk area to allow easier access to the back of the TV. Not really needed but it's what I wanted to do. Now I keep our Wii back there.

Attachments

• Menards Brackets.JPG
    Menards Brackets.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Bolts thru base.JPG
    Bolts thru base.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 110_1209-IMGP0194_IMGP0194.JPG
    110_1209-IMGP0194_IMGP0194.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 110_1209-IMGP0193_IMGP0193.JPG
    110_1209-IMGP0193_IMGP0193.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 37

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have an 08' which came with the Olevia on the swing-out bracket....check this thread and see how we replaced it with a 32"....

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=6727