Rhino lining bumpers and grill??????

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I'm putting together my spring "to do list" for the TV and came across these pics off of another forum. I was going to get a few chips and nicks painted on the front bumper and grill and thought this might be another option. I have a F250 with the sport package which has the painted grill and bumpers. I found a dealer that can color match the rhino lining.
Anyone have this done or have any opinions on the application. We have 4-5 months of winter here and it really takes its toll on the front end of the Ford.

Thanks
Jamie

Attachments

• Rhino 1.jpg
    Rhino 1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Rhino 2.jpg
    Rhino 2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Rhino 3.jpg
    Rhino 3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 49

TXBobcat

Fulltime
That looks like LineX..

I have a friend that put LineX on the front of his MH. Matched the color and it is easy to take care of..

Was thinking of doing that to the front underside of the 5th wheel to keep from nicking it with rocks and such..

BC

caissiel

Mine to I have been painting the grill and the paint has not been staying. Needs better primer. The bumpers on mine is are also rough.

2010augusta

I don't know if Rhino would work very well on the plastic or not, but Linex or BulletProof would work well. I have used Linex to turn tan Jeep door panels to black and they have held up very well for 7-8 years now. The Plastics should be be prep very well with scotch-brite and MEK, to allow the liner to bond. If you are really adventurous have them add a sprayed in "bra" to the hood and fender fronts. when done right it looks really sharp.

porthole

Retired
One of my buddies did the whole lower half of his Dodge PU. Rhino color matched the jade green factory paint and it looks pretty good.

caissiel

I met a fello that did the whole bottom of his GMC and also included his wheels and caps. He did a lot of bush travels and really enjoyed the protection.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
That stuff is great and thanks for the great idea. I was already thinking of using the LineX for the bottom half of my truck body (And the mirrors!!!). The only think I was still pondering was to just leave it black or match the color.:confused: