3600 Weight

travlingman

I have read the published weights for the 3600, but wanted to see what the actual weights are once you are loaded and traveling. For those that have weighed, would you mind sharing? Thanks.

arisce

Hi 2002dura,
We have the same unit-3600 RL 2006. We had it weighed at a cat scale. Here are the results:axles 11,770# and the pin 2,930#. Together that is 14,770#. That was fully loaded. Take 20% of total for correct pin distribution you get 2954#. We had a 28 foot 5th wheel and we got 9.8 m/g. The old unit was 4000# lighter. With our BH we get 9.8 m/g. I think this is do the design of the BG. It is well balanced and the weight is well distributed. BTW, the m/g was done over a 10,000m trip for the old and 8,000m trip for the BH. I would say they are pretty exact figures. I hope this helps. Good luck with the unit. Hope to see you at the rally in 2007.

nhunter

2002dura, my weights are almost exactly the same arisce. That was with the fresh water tank full and the unit ready to go for about a 2 week trip. I weighed the 3600 on the way home from the dealer anf found it was actually 200lbs under the claimed weight.

travlingman

The pin weight is what has me worried. Since I have a 3/4 ton, I am a little worried about it. We only weekend camp, with a week long once a year, so I can travel light. Going to upgrade tow vehicle in the future, but looking at present time right now. So, if anyone has some more pin weights, it would help me. Not trying to start a "weight police" thread, just wanting to know true weights. Thanks.

jbeletti

2002dura,

Take a look at the Bighorn weights in the table at this link. While there are no floorplan numbers in the table, it may be informative.

Jim

travlingman

Jim,

Thanks for the link. It does help me some. I wish there was floorplan numbers, but it does give me something to go on. The 2 repsonses I have received have helped, just hoping to see what others have to say.

jpmorgan37

2002dura;
If you look at number 7 in that list, it's me. I've been pulling a Grand Canyon with 2500HD D/A with no problem. My pin weight on this trip was 3275 but have been heavier on other occasions. I do have Firestone Ride Rite air bags which has helped a lot when I was running "too heavy". With all that said, I'm getting a F550 this weekend. I want the heavier truck for stopping power and running downhill in the mountains.

nhunter

I also read somewhere( I think on this forum) that police/dot were starting to crack down on 3/4 ton trucks pulling large 5th wheels. I have a 2004 F-350 4x4 and I know I am getting up there but still legal. If you look at Fords website there isn't to much difference between an F-350 single and F-350 daully. That I don't understand.

jgilbert

JP,

Was your 3275 lb pinweight in the chart with full tanks, or was it pretty much dry weight?

Joe

dieselengineer

Charter Member
I know in PA on route 78 the police have been pulling over the 3/4 ton pickups towing 5th wheels. If the truck is over specification, you get a ticket. However what is bad, they don't let you move until you are within spec. I have heard of people ripping everything out of the storage area, moving everything in the bedroom, kitchen pots and pans, etc all into the back of the coach. What a mess just to get the pin weight down to below the amount on the door sticker.

jpmorgan37

jgilbert;

Holding tanks were empty, water tank about 1/4 full as I remember. I will try to find the paper to verify and let you know if it was any different.

John

jgilbert

Thanks John. It is amazing to me how much heavier these Landmarks and Bighorns are than the factory stated specifications.

Joe

nhunter

My axle weights were right on the money but I think most of my stuff goes into the pass though so thats why my pin is heavier.

jpmorgan37

jgilbert;
I think that if I were to remove all of my "stuff', I wouldn't be much over the advertised weight. The dual pane windows and my second A/C and the Joey Box will raise the advertised weight but without those, I think that it would be pretty close.
John

jpmorgan37

Hi Joe;
It is a full length slide out tray in the basement. It slides out either side about 3/4 of the length. It makes it simple for people like me with short arms to get what is inevitably in the middle of the basement. I wouldn't be without one.

John