Ultra Leather Chairs

pcthikersam

pcthikersam
I recently purchased a new 2010 Bighorn 3055RL. It came with the Godiva Interior, which has the White Leather Ultra Recliners. They are beautiful and comfortable, but I would rather have the White Leather Euro Recliners With Otoman. If anyone has recently bought a Heartland with these chairs, and would like to trade for the Ultra Recliners, which is normally a $775.00 upgrade from dealer, let me know.
I am located in Everett, Wa.
Cell# (425)422-4711
Maybe we can connect. I am willing to trade straight across.
My name is Sam Owen.

jimtoo

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family.

We had the Euro chairs in our 3055 and they are very comfortable, but the only thing wrong is the foot rest or ottoman. It is in your way every time you move. (We now have LazyBoy recliners.)

I would suggest that you get a couple of boxes, say 18" tall, 18" wide and about 12-14" across...put them in your trailer in front the chairs you now have and just try moving around for a day or so...Like I said, the Euro chairs are very comfortable,,, but the foot stool is in your way all the time.

Of course this is my opinion only.

My 5 cents worth due to inflation.:D and my opinion is worth more than 2 cents anyway.:eek:..I think.??

Jim M

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I found a great recliner at Lazy Boy. Because of my bad back I picked the leather Pinnacle with power. Now if I could just afford the $900 they want for it.

Delaine and Lindy

RV Funiture ...

We have been Blessed to have had several 5th wheel and none of the Funiture was well made or comfortable. In the past we always took the RV funiture to Goodwill, and call a dealership and get the cost of replacement of the ultra Leather recliner and write it off our taxes. This time we deleted the Couch and the Ultra Leather chairs.

We only use the Lazy Boy Love seat Recline-away and Lazy Boy recliner. We don't use a couch. We in some other 5th wheels used the Lazy Boy Leather recliners, like the ones Larry mentioned but the cost was a deciding factor for changing to cloth. The Lazy Boy recline-away sets in the door side slide and when we travel we don't have to secure none or the funiture. Our 5th wheel only sleeps two, visitors go to the Holiday Inn so there is no need for a couch. Our Furr Kid Montana uses that area. Just my opinion from trail and error. I highly recomend Lazy Boy funiture. GBY....

pcthikersam

pcthikersam
Thanks for your replys and opinions. The chairs are comfortable, and we will use them for now.
As for Lazy Boy, I will not buy the product since they gave termination notices to their employees in Utah and other places a few years ago, and moved to Mexico.

Happy RVing.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I've got to agree...I'll never buy LazyBoy again! Mexico...that explains our experience!!

Spent $1,700 on two chairs just over a year ago...and they are constantly falling apart...literally!!! Biggest pieces of crap we've ever owned!!!:mad:

Delaine and Lindy

Lazy Boy ...

Some have good luck some have bad Luck. We have never had a negative issue with Lazy Boy product. If you like RV funiture thats great. As for Lazy Boy moving off shore they had to just like, GM, Dodge, Ford, because of Labor cost, most all products we use is off shore, very few thing made in the USA. Good Leather products are all off shore now. All our factorys moved off shore GM, Ford, Dodge the parts were made in our small county and all are in Mexico, 28% unemployed. At the time it was the 3 highest unemployment in the USA. We feel your pain. GBY....

fishinrvr

We have a 3055 too and were faced with the same issue of wanting to replace our recliners. We spent the better portion of 6 months trying to find something that was lightweight, comfortable and would easily fit in the back of the trailer with the slides in. We ended up buying some Ekornes European leather chairs. They are a little more expensive than other that are mentioned on this thread but in my opinion they are worth it. The nice thing is we don’t have to swivel our chairs to get the slides in and the footrest really don’t take up that much space…especially since the chairs are smaller than the factory ones. The other really nice thing is these chairs are so light that I can easily take them in and out of the trailer by myself, so in the off RV season they are now home furniture.

buckeyebob

to pcthikersam!!way to go!a man with patriotic principles,i didnt know they moved to mexico,but i was looking to replace my recliner since it didnt match the new couch.when i was told 1200 to replace my 5 year old lazy boy that was 550 ,my dear wife decided the color wasnt toooo bad afterall!!!!my point is why so much increase when they use that cheap mexican labor?i am a gm retiree and we always heard that we couldnt compete with foreign cars ,but they cost the same when they get here,so who makes that money?

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
This Friday till Monday Jan 18th Lazy Boy furniture will be having its largest inventory clearance sale in their history in their Mission Viejo Store in Southern CA. If you want to save some dough on everything in their stock, they are ridding themselves of all 2009 inventory. Their phone number is 949 365 0744. Besides everything being on sale they are adding another 10% off and 36 month financing. Probably best to find some good recliners and chairs etc. on their web site and then see if this store has it in stock. Just an fyi for those interested in Lazy Boy furniture.