Newbie Super Glide Question

CRLYHDS

We have a SuperGlide 18k with the quick connect plate. We have lost the nylon block for the connect plate and are having problems make hitching the 5th wheeler. Our options are to order another nylon block, weld the connect plate on or bolt the connect plate to the 5th wheeler. My husband doesn't like the design of the connect plate and prefers a more permanent solution.

The problem with welding is what do we do when we sell the 5th wheeler. Any thoughts for us?

Thanks,

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hannah, I'm not sure what you can do. Like I said in my PM to you. Welding is the best way but it will be permanent....sorta. I'm not sure if you requested that hitch or the dealer pushed you to buy it. In my opinion, I would have gone with a standard hitch and a cushioned pinbox. The $$$ figure between the two is quite a bit. I do know Larry had all kinds of grief with his trying to get the right capture plate. It's too bad you can't take it back and exchange it for just a standard hitch. Just my 5cts worth. Bob:D

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
If you're talking about the capture plate, can you measure your pin box? I have a spare quick connect capture plate for a HL lippert pin box. Ours had no nylon block, but is steel on all parts of it. We had no issues for the year we used the SG hitch, in fact we liked the SG hitch better than the B&W we currently have.
We bought a different truck with the B&W already installed, and we gave the hitch to the kids for their little fifth wheel but used a different capture plate for it.

CRLYHDS

Thanks for the offer Ray. I don't know what our capture plate has the plastic block. I'm not sure what we are going to do but I do appreciate your response.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hannah, call pullrite customer service and get technical assistance. You are still under warranty and need all the correct parts. What happened to the nylon block? Not only do u need a capture plate, but also a spacer that goes under the hitch pin cushion or your truck rails will get smashed. Call me.

CRLYHDS

Problem Solved

Long story short, our nameless dealer installed the nylon block incorrectly. It is supposed to be in back of the set screw and not in the front of the set screw. Got a replacement nylon block installed it correctly and we are hitching up just fine.

dynaguy

capture plate

I have a question, I just made my deposit on a Cyclone 3950 and my salesman at Lakeshore Rv was telling how great the Pullrite Super Glide hitch is. I was not sure what this capture plate is, can anyone explain it better or point me to where I can see just how this hitch can slide the 5th wheel back, Thanks, DG

rick_debbie_gallant

I have a question, I just made my deposit on a Cyclone 3950 and my salesman at Lakeshore Rv was telling how great the Pullrite Super Glide hitch is. I was not sure what this capture plate is, can anyone explain it better or point me to where I can see just how this hitch can slide the 5th wheel back, Thanks, DG

There is a plate that attaches to you pinbox with a type of key in it. It locks the pin box to the fifth wheel. The part that swivels is down inside the part of the hitch that is attached to the truck. Within that part of the hitch is a cam that as you turn and are moving either forward or reverse the cam moves within a track that will slide back.

dynaguy

thanks for the links, now i can see what it does, this seems like the cadillac of hitches!! Im gonna have to consult with the "finance manager" , we all know who that is, and see if I can float a loan for the hitch. Im just out on parole from the dog house so here's hoping I can do some good talking!!

dynaguy

Glad to report that I get to buy the superglide hitch, thanks to those who sent me offers on used hitches but I was able to negioate a deal with lakeshore rv , and since this is a financed deal i can put it all into one.
Thanks again to all who took the time to help me figure out how the hitch worked and help me to decide on what to buy. No pressure on the forum and thats nice!.