trail-air tri-glide compatibility with pull-rite superslide

rick_debbie_gallant

Okey all of you experts out there, here ya go.

I am thinking about getting a "trail-air triglide". I currently have the stock pin-box on my 3670rl. The hitch is have is the pull-rite super glide. The capture plate is the "universal plate" from pull-rite.

I checked with a service tech at a local dealer here who sells heartland product. His comment was "the trail-air will not work with the pull-rite without having problems with the pivot point on the pin box .

I have heard great things about the air-ride and the triglide but now I don't know which way to go. Any ideas or advice, or should I just live with what I have.

Everything pulls fine but I would like to take the hard bounce out when going over larger bumps.

Thank you

Rick

caissiel

When you say getting out the hard bounce, do you mean your truck goes down and bounce up when hits the hole. If it is, your springs are to weak, an other long ply might help in anchoring the tail end of the truck.
When I removed the top additional ply and installed a shorter ply I got the bounce, I reinstalled the long top ply, and removed the bottom shorter one and it gave me full, ride control.
I also have a helper spring that prevents the truck from bouncing down while not loaded with the trailer on.
I have no pin additional weight and solid to the hitch. The trailer never moves because the truck suspension is setup to take all the jolts. Much better for chucking.
Again thats my experience, for the past 17 years of trailering with a 5th wheel on a 1/4 ton, 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks.

bill40

Rick we have the tri-glide, I am far from a expert but I would call pullrite. They were very helpful when I had a superslide, I am sure they will give you the correct answer.

porthole

Retired
Rick,
When I was researching all this the tri glide option was just coming out, so there was not a lot of info to see, other then the $1300 price.

Between the 5th Airborne, TrailAir and Mor/Ryde pin boxes my decision was based strictly on the fact the the Mor/Ryde pinbox used a dedicated plate and a universal plate that required 16 holes to be drilled and tapped.

And since I was doing the Mor/Ryde IS they installed the pinbox at a discount and no charge for labor, at the dealer before I got to Elkhart.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Rick, call Trailair. They can help. And if you are in the area and call ahead, they may install the Triglide with no charge for labor. I know that they will install the retrofit for me at no cost.

Peace
Dave