What a difference!

2010augusta

When we purchased our Landmark I owned property in rural Colorado and we paid the state sales tax and registered the trailer there for the first year. I recently got the renewal notice in the mail and my jaw about hit the floor. The cost to renew the registration in Colorado at my parents Colorado Springs address was over $1,050.00 with $995.00 being a "use tax".

As we are planning on staying in Washington for "a while." We went ahead and registered the Ford, the Jeep and the Landmark here in Washington. I was surprised when I checked online and found out that the tow-able RV registration in WA is only $36.75. We were able to get the title transferred and pay all the other fees for less than $70.00.

I can not believe the difference in the processes. In CO going to the DMV is guaranteed to take at least an hour. In WA it took less than 10 minutes at a sub-agent office.

SilverRhino

Is the "use tax" a personal property tax?? or is it a road use tax??

Either way, WOW. That seems ridiculous.

rick_debbie_gallant

All I can say is WOW!:eek: In Michigan the registration is a whooping $75.00 for as long as you own the trailer. The 75.00 you have already paid. guess that comes out to 7.50 per year.:) Now it will probably change.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Alan, why do you think our Horn and Chebby are registered in Montana.

Chebby.....$150.00 per year cheaper than Cal.

Horn.........$350.00 in Cal...........$186.00 in Montana and it is a permanet plate. Imagine that:confused:
Bob:D

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Bob, that $350 must have been before they upped the fees last year. Ours went from just under $400 to $675. Ouch!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Deb, yep, it was but the Chebby has been registered in Montana for 4 years. It helps to own land in a non-commie state. BTW, Montana does not have any smog laws either. Bob:D

nhunter

Deb, yep, it was but the Chebby has been registered in Montana for 4 years. It helps to own land in a non-commie state. BTW, Montana does not have any smog laws either. Bob:D
Montana is a great state, It's close to Alberta! I paid $57 to register our trailer for life. My truck as a commercial vehicle is $250/year, but it was only personal it would only be $57.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
All I can say is WOW!:eek: In Michigan the registration is a whooping $75.00 for as long as you own the trailer. The 75.00 you have already paid. guess that comes out to 7.50 per year.:) Now it will probably change.

Don't know where you registered your trailer, but it cost me $300 for the license and $15 for the title (one time/permanent plates). Such a deal, but for my truck, Jenny stuck me for $236, and that will be annually.

Delaine and Lindy

Change ???????

Its really amazing how different States get their money? We pay $24.50 each per year for our Trucks and car. Our 5th wheel is a one time few of I believe $70.00 don't remember for sure but its a life time fee but is not transferable. If you want to renew each year its $14.50 a year for our 5th wheel. We will be going with the life time registration this year. For this the last 5th wheel we will own. GBY...

porthole

Retired
$23 per year in Jersey for the Cyclone. Although I did pay $3300 to title and transfer the initial registration (7% sales tax)