Solar Power

happyrover

Have had solar panels, 2-100 watt, 2500 watt inverter and 4 -6volt batteries on my 33 foot motor home for years. Best investment I ever made also. Dry camp for 2-6 weeks at a time and never run out of power. Understand you will not run the air conditioner off the unit, but it certainly handles everything. Will transfer the unit to my 5er, hopefully Landmark Grand Canyon, the first of the year when we go fulltime.

svd

Happyrover,
That sounds like a nice setup, and I wish I could camp for 6 weeks, but not yet.......Lots of good information here, we are pleased with our Bighorn.

Midastouch

Very interested in the solar power ...

I would like to learn/understand more about how all that works and maybe set something up in my Grand Canyon. It would be great in the spring and fall months ... the only solar power I will have on the Grand Canyon is the option available, but would sure like to make some future plans to utilize an option like that!:D

happyrover

Talked with Butch at RVs for Less several days ago about solar power for my 5er when I purchase it. I believe that he has the party who can handle this. He indicated that the party has handled all types of units and is well versed in it. I had the unit on my motor home installed at Quartzsite AZ, but if Butch can do it there, might as well do the one stop number.None