3812 TV sound to overhead speakers how to

tmax264

I have finally figured out how to get sound to come thru the overhead speakers. I have the Jensen TV JE3208 and Jensen DVD/ Radio. First unplug the audio cables (red & white) from the Aux 1 connections see figure 1 leave the video plugged in. Know plug the audio cables into the ground loop isolator by using 2 inline connectors now plug the other end of the ground loop isolater into audio outputs see figure 2 (I was getting a buzz in the sound when the blower fan comes on for the furnace or A/C. I bought a ground loop isolator from Radioshack model 270-054 and that seems to have cure that, you will also need two inline connectors they usually come two in a package the one I bought where made by Phillips .) now switch the mode on the DVD/ Radio to Aux1 see figure 3, Figure 4 just show how I have the audio connect from my DirecTV receiver. The sound works with the air antenna, the DVD/Radio and the DirecTV receiver. I have not been able to try it with cable tv yet.

Attachments

• Figure 1.jpg
    Figure 1.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Figure 2.jpg
    Figure 2.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Figure 3.jpg
    Figure 3.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Figure 4.jpg
    Figure 4.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 67

Manke3010

tmax, you have no idea.....thank you so much for posting this.
I've got my rig at the shop for some warranty stuff, this being one of the items on the list to fix (or just get working). I'll be sure to do this when I get it back...I'll post back if/when I'm successful like you with this...

Also, where do you put your Dtv receiver? Just below the TV? Think I need to get a newer and smaller receiver, mine is pretty big, and really sticks out a lot and nearly teeters on that shelf below the TV...wish it was a little deeper to hold it....

Thanks again :)

tmax264

Manke, at least you have a shelf on yours. Mine has a opening below the DVD/Radio player but it is not wide or deep enough to put the receiver. That is one the draw backs I have with mine. I was sitting my receiver on one of bar stools from the garage. On the 3812 there are step leading to the bedroom on left and on the right steps leading to the bathroom with a slide door from the bath into the bedroom. I had the receiver on the stool in front of the steeps on the left leading to the bedroom. I have done some mods and mine now sits on its end on the steps leading to the bedroom there is enough room to go to bedroom that way and thru the bathroom. I was also having to run my coxials from the satellite thru the window to the receiver since mine is a DVR receiver it takes two cables so I could not connect to the built in connection on the outside. I can seen instructions and photos of my mod not sure if it will work on the 3010 though.

Manke3010

Cool, thanks tmax.
I'll be getting the trailer back in about a week and may post back with a question or two later when I get it.

Our dealer took the grate out that is close to the floor on the left side (looking at the ent. ctr) Then ran the wires up thru the back of the unit... Works great...

ANVILHEAD911

tmax264

Anvilhead, I did something similar drill a 1 3/4 hole on the left side of the entertainment center a little above the grate. I removed the grate and used my tape measure and tied a string to the end of it and extend the tape thru the open to the cargo area and tied the string to coxial and fished back and thru to the 1 3/4 hole I had drilled. Repeat the tape measure string procedure and snaked a extension cord thru and plug it to the outlet in the cargo area and the other to the receiver.

Manke3010

Hey tmax,

Got the ground loop iso and couplers. I too have the Jenson 3208 tv like yours. After getting in and trying to connect everything like you did, I'm noticing that I don't have the exact layout of inputs on the back of my tv that yours does. Think my tv was manufactured in 3/09 or 4/09 iirc.
I've got 3 pics I'm attaching. I apologize for how blury they are, we really need a new camera, but hopefully you get the gist of things.
My tv doesn't have the two white and red (L & R) female inputs that your essentially plugging the other end of the ground loop iso into.
Your plugins are to the far L of your tv in pictures 1 and 2 that you posted.
Any idears on where I should plug the other end of my gli into?
I won't be able to setup a dtv dish to actually test this out until the weekend, but was just trying to get a head start.

It also really looks like the rows of AV1 and AV2 are flip flopped on my tv compared to yours, but perhaps I'm wrong...
When looking at the label grids listed in white, my row of AV2 IN starts on the top L side of the grid. On the far R of the top grid is AV2 OUT.
On the bottom of the grid, it's just AV1 IN and there is no av1 out on the grid on the far r side.

Any help would be great man ;)

Attachments

• Trailer tv misc and Driveway slate 001.JPG
    Trailer tv misc and Driveway slate 001.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Trailer tv misc and Driveway slate 002.JPG
    Trailer tv misc and Driveway slate 002.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Trailer tv misc and Driveway slate 004.JPG
    Trailer tv misc and Driveway slate 004.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

tmax264

Try this

The yellow, red and white cables that are in your figure 2 are they plugged in to the tv? Here is what I would try see the photo.

Attachments

• img 2.jpg
    img 2.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 27