outside propane heater/fire thing-a-ma-jig

Draco Dog

I am so cold-blooded, but at the same time love to spend time outside. This time of the year, even in California, (where we are now), it gets chilly at night. I would be so happy to find something to make the night warmer (at least for a couple of hours after the sun has gone down). I want fire, propane, lightweight, nothing to assemble each time we move, compact, gives off heat, and ofcourse not tooooo expensive.

Any suggestions?

plug2

check out camp chef fire ring, they are out of logan ut. we have one and it works great. burns propane, has rocks and logs. less than $90. they are on the net.

rvn4fun

Fire dancer

We have used a fire dancer for about 5 years. It has been trouble free. We use it in campgrounds that don't allow campfires or if there is a burning ban on. We bought ours on the internet. I see Amazon has them.:)

porthole

Retired
Kinda spendy at $250.00 and burns $3.00/gallon propane. The folks behind us have one and we all sat around it last night and had a good time. They also said the logs break easy going down the road so be careful there.

I have the "little Red Campfire" version. Got it on Amazon on sale for $89 and free shipping.

Usually use it in campgrounds where fires are not allowed. I don't run it very high, more for the effect. It is nice though. You can cook marshmallows over it and if you throw some twigs on now and then and have some noise and odor to go with it.

I have traveled with it for 3 years now and have broken a log yet.

We occasionally use it on our deck at home too (our deck is plastic)

It Goes well with Rusty Nails

Attachments

• D30_1750_small.JPG
    D30_1750_small.JPG
    384.2 KB · Views: 143

bigredtruck

I have the "little Red Campfire" version. Got it on Amazon on sale for $89 and free shipping.

Usually use it in campgrounds where fires are not allowed. I don't run it very high, more for the effect. It is nice though. You can cook marshmallows over it and if you throw some twigs on now and then and have some noise and odor to go with it.

I have traveled with it for 3 years now and have broken a log yet.

We occasionally use it on our deck at home too (our deck is plastic)

It Goes well with Rusty Nails

we also have the little Red Campfire. haven't had a problem and it throws a fair bit of heat considering how small it is.

Draco Dog

Thank you all for your suggestions. So many to choose from. I think we might try the Little Red Camp Fire.

If we can toast marshmellows, wienies, make smores and stay warm, I'll be a happy camper.

We saw them in Camping World last week.

We really prefer a "real" campfire, but that is not always possible.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We have a couple of friends that camp with us and can not breath if you have a real campfire so we bought the Red campfire in a can from CW around 104.00. It doesn't heat up the area but will give off heat if you are fairly close to it. Yes to smores, weinies, and marshmellows. We have had ours for 3 years and no broken logs or trouble with it.

sdagro

Re: Fire dancer

We have used a fire dancer for about 5 years. It has been trouble free. We use it in campgrounds that don't allow campfires or if there is a burning ban on. We bought ours on the internet. I see Amazon has them.:)

DITTO on the Fire Dancer. Hooked up a Kwik-Connect under my camper coming from my on board tanks and that's all we use. No more "ring-around-the-rosey" anymore dodging the smoke.