Do you worry about your mirror closet doors breaking?

GETnBYE

I am really afraid to put much in the closet floor for fear that if we hit the gas to fast that stuff will slide and break the mirror closet doors. I tend to put pillows and pack the closet so careful, but would love to know if I am over doing it?
Any ideas for safe packing of the closet floor?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We've fulltimed for three years, towing over 35,000 miles....never had a problem with stuff on the floor moving and hitting the doors, and the doors have been just fine.

Fact is, we've looked at alot of other units, including some very high end units...and Heartland uses the sturdiest closet, mirrored doors we've ever seen....:)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have an upright vacuum in ours and the doors slid open once when I didn't lock it well enough before taking off. Neither thing has ever caused a problem.
Kristy

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Ummm?I wouldn't worry about it. I have an 18 bottle wine cooler in my closet and it hasn't ever moved. Not to say it couldn't, but we've never had anything move in our closet. Even my enormous collection (says Ray) of shoes stays put. And we've had to do some quick stops because of idiots on the road. I would worry more about them staying latched and rolling than anything in the closet breaking them. Just my 2 cents. :)

caissiel

I was talking with a Montana/GM owner and he was telling me his washing machine was sliding out of the closet, at the entrance area closet though. I told him that his truck had to much power or his truck had to much air in the firestone springs. Was not going to tell him he needed an HL unit.
But I could not understand he was also running an air pin box.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Being pretty familiar with the trucking industry, most stuff tends to move forward in trailers. It's pretty common to brake harder than you accelerate. We've never had any issues with stuff falling or moving back into the doors. Our closet rod, like a few others, broke free once and the clothes were on the floor but no door damage.

caissiel

I did noticed the rod on ours needs to be reinforced. The wife took some of my area and realy overloaded it with her stuff .

buckeyebob

my dealer made me a nice oak vertical support from floor tibottom of shelf,as the center rod support clamp pulled out of shelf allowing all the clothes to slide to center ,which bent rod and dumped clothes on floor.no problems with doors as long as they are closed and properly latched.make sure you snap the loop to hold the pocket door to bedroom open,we (my wife)left unlatched and door came off rollers!!!they cannot be reattached without removing the trim over door inside bedroom.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Having the Ford, I wouldn't worry too much about it! :D

I, on the other hand, have this fear every time I put my Duramax in DRIVE! :) :D :) :D

caissiel

When I had my A-Ford-Able Ranger and towing the 5th wheel, it was so lite on the front end that when I let go the clutch on a hill the front end would almost lift.

GETnBYE

Having the Ford, I wouldn't worry too much about it! :D

I, on the other hand, have this fear every time I put my Duramax in DRIVE! :) :D :) :D

LOL,good one!
Ok, I will stop worrying about the closet doors and pack the closet full.

But the Ford remark.....well, I will let it slide........"THIS TIME".