Changing slide seals

timk

Scott,

I had a chance to take a look at the 07 Bighorns recently. Very, very nice, I really liked the black slide seals. Our 06's are white and nearly impossible to keep clean, however they looked great when they were new.

Our dealer has taken a dive, can you tell me how I might obtain the parts to make the upgrade.

Thanks for your time.
TimK

Scott

To purchase the black slide seals, you can work with the nearest Heartland dealer, or even another, closer dealer who can get the parts through our Dealer Services Dept. (ph. 574.262.8030) and install them for you - or you can use a local RV service center to do the same thing.

jpmorgan37

timk;
I use Westleys Bleach White whitewall cleaner and a stiff bristle brush on mine and it works well. When they are really dirty, a brass bristle brush (suede brush) and the whitewall cleaner will bring them up quick. It may be easier than changing the seals.

John

timk

Thanks John,

I will give that a try first. Sounds like a good idea.

The best thing I have come up with so far was a mr clean magic eraser and some simple green or some other cleaner, and it really eats up the erasers, plus its a real pain.

TimK

timk

John,

I did try the Westley's. It did work better than anything I have tried in the past. Thanks for the tip. I especially liked the buzz I got from breathing the vapors, and the funny tingling in my finger tips. ;)

TimK

jpmorgan37

TimK;
Gosh, I better try that in a closed area. The wind was blowing when I tried it and all I got was tired arms. Didn't know there were side effects that were that much "fun?" Anyway, glad it helped.
John