All around size

GDA5

I am switching from a Class A motorhome to a new 2010 3850. The only concern I have is the overall size. Is having a 41" fifth wheel ever a real problem finding a campground?

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Pulling in

I have a 3580RL and love it. I have become used to taking a little longer to get into a site but it is worth it. I do (before going into cities) look at bridge and clearances posted on the net so I don't get my 13' 6" at a place only allowing for 13'. Some of the CGs like to pack you in like sardines and somtimes when it is a narrow approach road and a large turn angle it gets a bit nerve racking but all in all it isn't a big deal. Most all of the CGs post the big rig sites and there is nothing more frustrating than to take a 40+ ft rig into a CG only to find a 24' snuggly settled in at a big rig site.........................................check ahead and buy a copy of "Woodalls" campgrounds of America...also a copy of East and West Mountain Directories. You will love your new rig. I especially like the new access door locks,:) you lucky devil!!!!!

Delaine and Lindy

Length ......

We don't use State parks and do no boondocking. When we are hooked up to the 5th wheel we are 57' in length. However our Truck has a much better turning radius than most 1 ton Trucks and we have never had a problem getting into any RV parks even when we were pulling with a 1 ton. But we always research the RV park we will be using and alway call ahead and make sure the RV park know how long we are. GBY...

trvlrerik

Many of my friends have class A rigs (with and without towed vehicles) and It seems that my fifth wheel is as manuverable or more so than the large class As are. I have been able to get into some sights that a class A could never turn into. On a level surface the 88 degree offered by Heartland comes in very handy, and most tight sights are not that tough with a spotter and some practice.

Enjoy your new toy!