What is behind there

jpajax

I am thinking about putting shelfs in the corner post between doors in the bathroom in our 3410re. Is there anything in there or would this hurt the the structure of the unit.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
JPAJAX, not sure what corner post you are referring to. In the plywood walls use moly-fasteners. Screws wont hold with all the vibration of the roads. MY 5cts Bob:D

Rickhansen

Are you referring to the rounded wall? If so, I've had mine opened to replace the thermostat cable to the bedroom A/C. There was only the wiring for the bedroom speakers, light circuit, and thermostat; no plumbing. There wasn't a lot for studs in there either, most of the strength comes from the laminate and the curved design. I guess that's another project I should have taken pictures of.

jpajax

Got email from factory according to production manager on the 3410 re 2010 there is nothing in there. So let the modification start.

caissiel

My friend has an SOB trailer with the same bathroom layout.
He build a floor to top towel shelve cabinet about 8" deep and installed it in the corner.
Its made to feel like it was in there originaly.
Nice addition to his unit.

jpajax

Well Got enough nerve to cut into wall and found that there is nothing in there except some 3/4 x 1 uprights that are toenailed at the top and in a pearl line plate half the way down the inside of wall. Here are some photos.

aatauses

bob&patty----what is a molly fastner----and where do you get them---tried a small picture hanger deal, but it did not work.
al

jbeletti

Here ya go.

Bolt_molly.jpg