Desk file drawer

Princess Kathleen

Like to see the the inside of the drawer wider so that the hanging files can be hung correctly...I had to cut about 1/8+ off each side to make them fit, then they only hang at an angle.

PK

Tom of Ypsi

PK I agree with you, they need to be wider. What we have done is put our files into notebook binders. This is a little pain digging for the right notebook but it works for us so far. That might change when we go fulltime and have more files.

Princess Kathleen

Mine work, but it was an intense chore to cut each hanging folder to fit...manilia folders had to be cut, but I decided that was to much, so no division in the hanging folders
PK

sharmulst

We have a BH3500RL and our files fit just fine hanging from front to back of drawer. Just purchased the metal for going around the top of the drawer for the files to hang from. So guess all the drawers are not made equal. ha ha Glad you are up and running again after your blowout. We have been very fortunate with our 5fer, only small fixes. We are looking forward to going on the road in early October.
Sharon

Princess Kathleen

Hi Sharon,
Well, we are up, but not running. In fact we are at the rear of LSI in Elkhart IN. Tuesday begins our 3rd week....but no complaints from me....they are steadily working on the LS....have a few more items to do and hopefully we will be out soon. But I have waited this long what is a few more waits....besides we are retired.....with lots of time...we are cooking lunch for the LSI team on Monday, They really make you feel like family here....
PK

BigBlue

BigBlue
Our files also fit. We purchased one of those frames and slipped it into the drawer. The files align from front to back of the drawer instead of accross the width of the drawer.

ChopperBill

Hey! We didn't even get no stinking drawer! When we loaded ours up the wife came in with a handful of pencils and do-dads and hollered "Where the drawer?!" Oops! No drawer. Told her I would make something.

ct0218

I'm surprised that the size of the drawers aren't standardized. My Pendaflex frame will not fit either. IMHO the whole setup needs to be redone, more like a desk or computer compatible. Looks more like a collection of odd left-over parts.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

Hi Everyone
Welll I have to say that the file drawer is a problem. I had to put full extension drawer slides on mine and turn the files sideways. the real problem came when I tried to put my laptop in the desk area. Guess what ? It would not fit, I had to cut the face frame down and lower the drawer, and again put in full extension slides. I know that the new units have the full extension slides on all the drawer now, but mine were the cheap ones with the plastic end supports that all broke on our first trip. Well its a good thing I am a cabinet maker. Or should I say was, its nice to be retired.