southco EA-R03 Keyless Entry Door Lock

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How do you change the combination on the electronic door lock? Where can I find a owners manual for it?

jbeletti

Jim,

What electronic door lock? On your RV? Do you mean the keyless entry system on the new LM/BH units? A sheet on that comes with each unit - should be in the new owners packet.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Yes the electronic door lock. I have a friend who has a new BH and is computer challenged. He wanted me to find out as he did not get any instructions with his. Maybe you could email it to me and I will get it to him. He told me it comes with the lock programmed to the last 4 of the vin and needed to change it so no one could get it.

We just purchased a new 2010 Heartland Bighorn 3610RE and it did not come with any paperwork for the keyless entry. Anyone know the preset combination or how to reset it to your own passcode???

jbeletti

Thanks to forum member Rickt for submitting a PDF document that is the Operating Instructions for the southco EA-R03 Keyless Entry (wireless keypad) system that comes on some 2011 Landmarks and Bighorns.

The document has been placed in the Doors and Windows menu item on the Heartland Owners Manuals site. Here's a direct link to the document.

Jim

ChopperBill

Thanks for that link. I tried changing my code until my finger got a blister. My instructions had been recopied so much they were practically unreadable and weren't the same format as yours. I swear my instructions did not say (I shredded them) to RE ENTER the new number as the final step. Went out and did the reprogram on the first try.