How many gallons?

Cannot seem to find out how many gallons the fuel station holds on a 08' 4012 and does that share with the gen?. Will, have the unit next week........Just looking ahead. I do allot of dry camping and ride dirt bikes and have a utv. So fuel is a must....

trvlrerik

If I can fuel at a location that the drivers side is on the "high" side I can get 28 gal in the tank. If I am sitting level or drivers side down anything over 20 gal takes forever. I may attempt to shim the tank up a little.

truknutt

Committed Member
Ditto on the 28. I usually stop at 26 so I don't lose it out the vent hose during expansion and travel.

Smokeyfl

The tank on my Razor is a 30 gallon tank.

The tank on my Razor (3612) is a 30 gallon tank. I think this is pretty typical of the full size toyhaulers.

smday

Ours is 30 gallon, but haven't filled it yet to see the exact total because we just picked it up and won't require it till spring. Can't wait to ride our toys again. I hate the winter months here and can't wait to head south and be a snowbird and ride all year.

truknutt

Committed Member
Ours is 30 gallon, but haven't filled it yet to see the exact total because we just picked it up and won't require it till spring. Can't wait to ride our toys again. I hate the winter months here and can't wait to head south and be a snowbird and ride all year.

Did you get the factory installed Generator? If so, I would be running it periodically as it doesn't take much for the carb jets to gum up. I try to run mine every two weeks for 5-10 minutes. I know it's in the Operator's Manual but......:rolleyes:

Manke3010

Hey all,

I've got a 30 gallon tank like most of you.
Yesterday, I tested what was clearly a full tank of gas (the pump at the gas station clicked 6-7 times to ensure a complete fill).
From the trailer pump handle, I was only able to pump 17 gallons. To get from 16 to 17 gallons, it was a verrrrrry slow process, easily 5 mins to get that last gallon.

It seems like 26-28 gallons is the average accessable amount you all are seeing. Going off those figures, I'm starved of at least 12 gallons of gas. Trailer is darn near dead nuts level at my house. That seems like it would be a lot of shimming to get the remainder. Any ideas on a fix or what the issue might be?
Anyone seen how far from the bottom the draw line is for the toy fill pump?
Is the draw line for the pump the same line for the generator fuel line and it just T's?

Thanks.

trvlrerik

I am not sure how low I can draw, I do not think I have ever been below 1/8th tank. I do not like to get it that low as it does take FOREVER to fill the tank to gauge indicated full. I fill my cyclone a a Quick shop that has a gentle curb next to the pump that I roll my tires on to so the fuel side is about 6" higher. To me is seems to help the tank vent out.

porthole

Retired
I'm guessing that having the luxury of a flat floor in the garage is one of the drawbacks to the tank filling issue. SOB's I looked at before getting the Cyclone all had the fill tube impinging on the garage and were boxed in above floor level.

The picture below is a SB SURV model, which BTW have two tanks, one just for the genset

Attachments

• SB_SURV..jpg
    SB_SURV..jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 60

Loco

I have not pulled ours down with the fill station. But I have run our Gen Set four 4 1/2 days 24 hrs a day and empty the tank. It held 26 gals after the gen set ran out.