• Number of sites held: 12
  • Site fee: $37.00 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
  • Non-Club Member Event fee:
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 07/10/2010
  • Potluck time: Around 6:00
------------------------------

Event Leader: mrcomer (click to contact)
  • Mark Comer Cell #1-937-409-3665
Additional Info:
------------------------------
Welcome to the second annual Ohio Chapter of the Heartland Owner's Club Rally. John Bird and I will be your hosts once again this year. We look forward to meeting everyone. We also want to extend an invitation to convoy down to Nashville with us on Sunday for the National Rally.

I have spoken to the people at the Campground. They can accomodate us and very nicely I might add. I asked them to provide 12 sites for us. We will have pull thru, full hookup, 50 amp sites. There is a shelter right by us for our use if we want. The only thing about keeping us together is that we need people to make reservations sooner than later to make sure we stay together. They will take a credit card to hold your reservation but not charge the card until you arrive. If we have 12 or more arrive then we will get a discounted rate of $34.00 per night. I believe the office is currently open on Tuesday and Fridays 11:00-4:00 during the off season. Please make your reservations as soon as possible, I know I will.

I will update this thread as more information becomes available.

Points of interests in the area:
COSI Science Museum
Polaris Mall
Alum Creek State Park
MEI Micro Center for all your computer needs

Attendees: ______________________________Potluck item:
1) johnjbird - John & Myrna Bird *___________________
2) mrcomer - Mark, Linda, Amanda & Justin Comer*____Club to provide hamburgers, we will bring potato casserole
3) tom p - Tom & Nancy Padovano*_________________
4) wesley1963 - Wes & Katrina Wesley*___________________
5) loafer - Bill & Maureen Syms*_________________________
6) - Russ & Sarah Klontz*_________________________________
7) Mikemm62 - Mike & Suzanne Markus*__________________
8) OhioJay - Jay & Julie, Layne and Megan Comyns*___________Wings & Buffalo Chicken Dip
9) swilhite - Steve & Kathy Wilhite*___________
10) cookie - Dave & Mary Hromek*_____________ 40 Clove Chicken
11) jnphobe - Jon & Patti Holbert*_____________
12) WilmanJim - Jim & Wilma Tar*____________
13) Terry H - Terry & Carol Hershberger*________ Peanut Butter Pie
14) Frank Bennett - Frank & Sandra Bennett*__________Pasta Salad
15)
* = reservations made

Last edited:

loafer

Mark
We are planning to come to your rally,Just wondering if there are any good camp places down in northern Kentucky we could go to enroute to Nashville. for a couple of nights ? Also any points of interest in the area where your rally is ? How many folks are coming to your rally also?
Thanks Bill

Hey Mark,
We got our reservation today, will be there the 6th to the 13th. Sorry we can't make it to Nashville. Our daughter is getting married that weekend but we'll be there in spirit.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Wes

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Mark
We are planning to come to your rally,Just wondering if there are any good camp places down in northern Kentucky we could go to enroute to Nashville. for a couple of nights ? Also any points of interest in the area where your rally is ? How many folks are coming to your rally also?
Thanks Bill

Please try to register as soon as you can as the campground will try very hard to keep us together but no guarantees.

Yes, Mammoth cave area is right off of route 65 in southern Kentucky on the way to Nashville. Many caves to explore, Corvette museum and manufacturing plant about 30 minutes south of there on the way to Nashville.

Around our rally we would have COSI which is a science museum, Polaris Mall will be close by, Alum Creek State Park. I will try to get more info and post it with the rally info.

Thanks for looking,
Mark

mrcomer

Hey Mark,
We got our reservation today, will be there the 6th to the 13th. Sorry we can't make it to Nashville. Our daughter is getting married that weekend but we'll be there in spirit.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Wes

AWESOME! So glad you'll be back. Make sure to bring that owl. LOL

Mark

loafer

Wes
Plastic OWLS are good( Keep away the Mosquitos) LOL
Look forward to seeing that famous owl in person
Regards
Bill

loafer

Thanks mark for the prompt reply we are rapidly putting all our plans together.
Bill

johnjbird

Mark got my reservation to the Ohio rally confirmed. Said they had 5 signed up so far. site # 431 see you in may sometime. do you have a campground around cave city to stay at yet. I will leave Ohio stay Sunday there and then go into Nashville early Monday

kkamshop

Mark & John,
Cardinal Center is a great choice of campground for a rally - we have been there several times with the Ohio RV.net rally group and maybe a couple of times again this year.

If anyone in the group enjoys clay target shooting, they should check out the shooting range.

We don't know yet if we will be able to come, we do plan to be in Nashville the following weekend. Maybe it will work out to make it to Ohio again too.

mrcomer

Mark got my reservation to the Ohio rally confirmed. Said they had 5 signed up so far. site # 431 see you in may sometime. do you have a campground around cave city to stay at yet. I will leave Ohio stay Sunday there and then go into Nashville early Monday

Hey John,
That's great. Maybe we'll have more than last year. There are a couple of campgrounds around that area. I will list them later. I think it is a good place to stop for the night.

Mark

loafer

Mark we are phoning on Tuesday as listed in your info page on the rally to call.
Making our reservations I will let you know what # we get for campspot
as info
Bill

loafer

Hey Mark
We reserved today and are in site 430, Looking forward to meeting some of the Heartland family folks. See you in July
Bill and Maureen From the West coast of Canada

OhioJay

We're in! Me, my wife, and kids. Eight year old boy, 6 year old girl.

Cardinal Center is a nice place. Bring the bikes for the kids. Lots of room to ride. They have a fishing pond, indoor swimming pool, and a playground. The facilities are all very clean, and well maintained. The C.C. is on private property, so alchohol is allowed. HOWEVER, Marengo is in a dry county!! Bring your own, or drive 15 minutes South to find beer.

loafer

Ohiojay
Thanks for the heads up re dry county .Always try to have some refreshments on board so good to know
See you in July
Bill

mrcomer

Well we just got our 9th reservation today. I am really psyched! Hope to maybe get a couple more before July. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Mark

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a feeling there will be two more rigs signed up real soon. ;)

Peace
Dave

loafer

Hey Dave and Mary,would that be you folks?
Also Jon ?
Yahoo ,should be good
Best regards Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.