PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OH, Marengo - 7/9/2010 to 07/11/2010

mrcomer
01-18-2010, 08:08 PM
616 State Route 61,Marengo, OH 43334
Venue:
------------------------------

Cardinal Center Campground

616 State Route 61
Marengo, OH 43334
Reservation Contact: Jenna
1-419-253-0800
http://cardinalcentercamp.com/cg.php
Pets ok?: Yes - No Fee
WiFi available: Yes - Free
Details:

Number of sites held: 12
Site fee: $37.00 per night.
Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
Non-Club Member Event fee:
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 07/10/2010
Potluck time: Around 6:00

Event Leader: mrcomer (click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=339)

Mark Comer Cell #1-937-409-3665
Additional Info:
Welcome to the second annual Ohio Chapter of the Heartland Owner's Club Rally. John Bird and I will be your hosts once again this year. We look forward to meeting everyone. We also want to extend an invitation to convoy down to Nashville with us on Sunday for the National Rally.

I have spoken to the people at the Campground. They can accomodate us and very nicely I might add. I asked them to provide 12 sites for us. We will have pull thru, full hookup, 50 amp sites. There is a shelter right by us for our use if we want. The only thing about keeping us together is that we need people to make reservations sooner than later to make sure we stay together. They will take a credit card to hold your reservation but not charge the card until you arrive. If we have 12 or more arrive then we will get a discounted rate of $34.00 per night. I believe the office is currently open on Tuesday and Fridays 11:00-4:00 during the off season. Please make your reservations as soon as possible, I know I will.

I will update this thread as more information becomes available.

Points of interests in the area:
COSI Science Museum (http://www.cosi.org/)
Polaris Mall (http://www.toodoopolaris.com/)
Alum Creek State Park (http://www.alumcreek.com/)
MEI Micro Center (http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/columbus.html) for all your computer needs

Attendees: ______________________________Potluck item:
1) johnjbird - John & Myrna Bird *___________________
2) mrcomer - Mark, Linda, Amanda & Justin Comer*____Club to provide hamburgers, we will bring potato casserole
3) tom p - Tom & Nancy Padovano*_________________
4) wesley1963 - Wes & Katrina Wesley*___________________
5) loafer - Bill & Maureen Syms*_________________________
6) - Russ & Sarah Klontz*_________________________________
7) Mikemm62 - Mike & Suzanne Markus*__________________
8) OhioJay - Jay & Julie, Layne and Megan Comyns*___________Wings & Buffalo Chicken Dip
9) swilhite - Steve & Kathy Wilhite*___________
10) cookie - Dave & Mary Hromek*_____________ 40 Clove Chicken
11) jnphobe - Jon & Patti Holbert*_____________
12) WilmanJim - Jim & Wilma Tar*____________
13) Terry H - Terry & Carol Hershberger*________ Peanut Butter Pie
14) Frank Bennett - Frank & Sandra Bennett*__________Pasta Salad
15)
* = reservations made

tom p
02-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Nancy and I will be there tomp

mrcomer
02-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Thanks Tom,
I sent you a reply to your PM.

loafer
02-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Mark
We are planning to come to your rally,Just wondering if there are any good camp places down in northern Kentucky we could go to enroute to Nashville. for a couple of nights ? Also any points of interest in the area where your rally is ? How many folks are coming to your rally also?
Thanks Bill

wesley1963
02-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Hey Mark,
We got our reservation today, will be there the 6th to the 13th. Sorry we can't make it to Nashville. Our daughter is getting married that weekend but we'll be there in spirit.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Wes

mrcomer
02-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Mark
We are planning to come to your rally,Just wondering if there are any good camp places down in northern Kentucky we could go to enroute to Nashville. for a couple of nights ? Also any points of interest in the area where your rally is ? How many folks are coming to your rally also?
Thanks Bill

Please try to register as soon as you can as the campground will try very hard to keep us together but no guarantees.

Yes, Mammoth cave area is right off of route 65 in southern Kentucky on the way to Nashville. Many caves to explore, Corvette museum and manufacturing plant about 30 minutes south of there on the way to Nashville.

Around our rally we would have COSI which is a science museum, Polaris Mall will be close by, Alum Creek State Park. I will try to get more info and post it with the rally info.

Thanks for looking,
Mark

mrcomer
02-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey Mark,
We got our reservation today, will be there the 6th to the 13th. Sorry we can't make it to Nashville. Our daughter is getting married that weekend but we'll be there in spirit.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Wes

AWESOME! So glad you'll be back. Make sure to bring that owl. LOL

Mark

loafer
02-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Wes
Plastic OWLS are good( Keep away the Mosquitos) LOL
Look forward to seeing that famous owl in person
Regards
Bill

loafer
02-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks mark for the prompt reply we are rapidly putting all our plans together.
Bill

johnjbird
02-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Mark got my reservation to the Ohio rally confirmed. Said they had 5 signed up so far. site # 431 see you in may sometime. do you have a campground around cave city to stay at yet. I will leave Ohio stay Sunday there and then go into Nashville early Monday

kkamshop
02-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Mark & John,
Cardinal Center is a great choice of campground for a rally - we have been there several times with the Ohio RV.net rally group and maybe a couple of times again this year.

If anyone in the group enjoys clay target shooting, they should check out the shooting range.

We don't know yet if we will be able to come, we do plan to be in Nashville the following weekend. Maybe it will work out to make it to Ohio again too.

mrcomer
02-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Mark got my reservation to the Ohio rally confirmed. Said they had 5 signed up so far. site # 431 see you in may sometime. do you have a campground around cave city to stay at yet. I will leave Ohio stay Sunday there and then go into Nashville early Monday

Hey John,
That's great. Maybe we'll have more than last year. There are a couple of campgrounds around that area. I will list them later. I think it is a good place to stop for the night.

Mark

loafer
02-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Mark we are phoning on Tuesday as listed in your info page on the rally to call.
Making our reservations I will let you know what # we get for campspot
as info
Bill

loafer
02-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey Mark
We reserved today and are in site 430, Looking forward to meeting some of the Heartland family folks. See you in July
Bill and Maureen From the West coast of Canada

Mikemm62
03-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Mark,
we have made reservations and will see you in July
Mike & Suzanne

OhioJay
04-01-2010, 08:24 PM
We're in! Me, my wife, and kids. Eight year old boy, 6 year old girl.

Cardinal Center is a nice place. Bring the bikes for the kids. Lots of room to ride. They have a fishing pond, indoor swimming pool, and a playground. The facilities are all very clean, and well maintained. The C.C. is on private property, so alchohol is allowed. HOWEVER, Marengo is in a dry county!! Bring your own, or drive 15 minutes South to find beer.

loafer
04-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Ohiojay
Thanks for the heads up re dry county .Always try to have some refreshments on board so good to know
See you in July
Bill

mrcomer
04-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Well we just got our 9th reservation today. I am really psyched! Hope to maybe get a couple more before July. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Mark

cookie
04-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I have a feeling there will be two more rigs signed up real soon. ;)

Peace
Dave

loafer
04-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Hey Dave and Mary,would that be you folks?
Also Jon ?
Yahoo ,should be good
Best regards Bill

mrcomer
04-07-2010, 06:22 AM
That sounds great guys. Please try to get your reservations early so they can put you with the rest of us. Apparently we are in their premium sites and would only hold them as a group for 30 days and we are way past our 30 days since the first reservation. Hope to see you there. Woohooo!

Mark

WilmanJim
04-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Mark,
Wilma and I are in Santee, CA., just east of San Diego at the moment. We called Cardinal today and got a recording saying to call tomorrow, Thrusday, to make reservations. As soon as we get hold of them we will let you know.

Jim

cookie
04-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Talked to Jenna today. Reservation is in and we will be arriving from Wisconsin on Thursday. Site #431. I know, I know.
I was told that I made the 10th reservation. 11 is coming soon from PA, and if Wilma and Jim sign up, that's 12, and..........Discount!
Anyone interested in trap?

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe
04-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Ok we're in, Talked to Jenna also she had my site assigned (thanks Dave}. We will come in on thursday also from Pa. short drive and we are on Site # 432. See ya all in July. JON

loafer
04-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Wow
I will get to meet you guys finally Dave and Jon after chatting on the Chat site for a long time that will be great .
Come on July
Stay safe camping and on the road
Best regards
Bill

WilmanJim
04-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Just got off the phone with Jenna. We will be on site #427, Friday the 9th and leave on Sunday the 11th.

Wilma and Jim

OhioJay
04-08-2010, 05:32 PM
The Comyns family will be there!! I called and left a message to make a reservation. Just waiting for a return phone call.

If anyone wants to shoot that weekend, I'm game. I mean, I'm in. I know the range officer, Craig, and I'm sure he'll let us have some fun. I don't shoot with a bow, but they have a range on-site if anyone is interested.

I saw there was a possible pot-luck dinner? I make great wings, and my wife makes great Buffalo chicken dip. But, we'll contribute however we can.

We have cornhole that we bring with us, and there are at least two in the C.C. office they lend out.

Maybe an idea for the organizer of this mayhem, or I may be able to try...They have cleared alot of forrest at this site, and continue to do so. Perhaps with enough people signed up, they'll deliver us some firewood for free? They used to do that periodically a few years ago. Old man would show up and ask if you wanted some wood, and if you said yes, off he would go in his golf cart. A few minutes later, he'd give you firewood. Just a thought.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. Maybe I know the answer, maybe not.

mrcomer
04-08-2010, 06:23 PM
OK guys, thank you so much for signing up. I have started adding your suggestions regarding what you want to bring to the potluck. Please check thread (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/14030-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-OH-Marengo-7-9-2010-to-07-11-2010?p=106718&viewfull=1#post106718) #0 for the list of potluck items. I am still so psyched!

Mark

OhioJay
04-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Everyone owes me a beer!!!!!!

Just finalized our reservation, and we'll be on site #434. I guess we were the magic number, because everyone get's $3.00 off per night now!!

loafer
04-20-2010, 03:37 PM
OK OK
Can we bring that beer down from Canada ?? since thats a dry county in Marengo
What took you so long to make that reservation LOL

Bill

kblasdel
04-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the invitation but my husband is a firefighter and he works a 24 hour shift on Saturday the 10th. He retires in January 2011 so please let us know where the 2011 rally is. We would love to try and come.

Karen

WilmanJim
04-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Finally got back to Ohio today from San Diego area and decided to stop and check out Cardinal Center Campground. Not a bad place, we took site #427 as that's the site they gave us for July's rally and found it to be very level and hookups in good location. Pretty close to I-71 noise but not too bad. Hopefully we can have the fan on in July. Right now it's 56 and supposed to be 35 tonight. Brrrr. Could not get WiFi to work so using cell phone.
Entrance is located about 1/4 mile West of I-71 on the south side. Good signage.
Will finish our journey to NE Ohio tomorrow morning if things don't freeze up.
See you all in July.
Happy and Safe Travels

Jim and Wilma

TRAVELER07
05-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Hello Mark, Repling to your question Blancas last name is Forth and My last name is Jagiello, for name the tags for the Ohio Rally Thanks TRAVELER07 (Rick Jagiello)

mrcomer
05-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks Rick. So glad you two can make it. see you in July.

Mark

TRAVELER07
06-23-2010, 06:22 AM
Hello Mark,Things looking bad can't make the Ohio rally the camper is in the repair shop flat leaf springs and bubbled gelcoat; They have not started on it yet.was looking to comming to the rally.Rick

mrcomer
06-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Hey Rick,
Sorry to hear that. I think we passed you on i76 in PA. We were entering the first of three tunnels on the turnpike going east and I could have sworn I saw you and Blanca coming out of the tunnel heading west. This would have been around 11:10 on Saturday. Since you are in Elkhart maybe it was you???

I hope all works out on your camper. Maybe it would be easier to trade it in instead? LOL

Mark

TRAVELER07
06-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Hey Rick,
Sorry to hear that. I think we passed you on i76 in PA. We were entering the first of three tunnels on the turnpike going east and I could have sworn I saw you and Blanca coming out of the tunnel heading west. This would have been around 11:10 on Saturday. Since you are in Elkhart maybe it was you???

I hope all works out on your camper. Maybe it would be easier to trade it in instead? LOL

Mark
Mark that was us we were returning to Elkhart from Cape Hatteras was paying attention to the tires since the springs
went flat,ins is covering the probs so I didn't notice your landmark. Rick

Terry H
06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Mark,

Carol and I will be attending the Ohio Rally. We will be arriving on Friday and departing on Sunday. We had reservations at the campground and we will be in Site 421.
For the potluck dinner we will bring a Peanut Butter Pie.

mrcomer
06-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Mark,

Carol and I will be attending the Ohio Rally. We will be arriving on Friday and departing on Sunday. We had reservations at the campground and we will be in Site 421.
For the potluck dinner we will bring a Peanut Butter Pie.

That's awesome Terry, Can't wait to see you and Carol and your new rig. BTW, let's keep the PBP under wraps. LOL No sense in letting everybody else know about it. OOPS too late. I can taste it already.

Mark

cookie
06-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Mmm, Peanut Butter Pie.

Peace
Dave

loafer
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
MMMM peanut butter pie better mak e another one sounds yummy
see you in OHIO
Bill

tom p
07-01-2010, 04:02 PM
John, let Nancy know what to bring as a side dish for the rally. Thanks tom and nancy 937-644-6331

mrcomer
07-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Tom and Nancy,
Just suprise us. We will be bring our potato casserole and the club will be providing hamburgers.

Mark

mrcomer
07-03-2010, 01:48 PM
For those of us going to Nashville Sunday morning. Do we want to have a light breakfast at the campground or would you prefer to stop on the way down to grab a bite to eat? I usually prefer to eat on the road. Stop somewhere, get fuel, stretch my legs and grab some breakfast. I am open to anything.

Mark

cookie
07-03-2010, 03:35 PM
At least a couple of us are headed for Mamouth Cave on Sunday morning. See the cave and spend the night. Then head for Nashville on Monday morn.
Now that I know that the club is furnishing the meat for the pot luck, I will not make 40 clove chicken. We will bring a side dish instead.

Peace
Dave

loafer
07-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey Mark
we are heading south to Mammoth Caves with Dave. We usually eat breaky in and then hit the road as far as that goes.But thanks for asking see you next weekend
Bill and Maureen

WilmanJim
07-05-2010, 04:55 AM
Sorry to say on such short notice but we had to cancel our trip. Hopefully next year. Have fun everyone.
Jim and Wilma

mrcomer
07-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear that Wilma and Jim, Hope everything is OK.

Take care,
Mark

mrcomer
07-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey everyone,
There have been a couple of questions regarding what time we will have thew potluck. Sounds like later is better for some and I can go either way as I feel we will probably hang out most the night. Right now I am thinking 6:00 ish for the potluck.

Mark

mrcomer
07-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Just sitting here at work starring out my window I can see the truck and Landmark waiting for me to take it up to Marengo for the weekend. Come on 3:30.

cookie
07-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Well Mark, as we are sitting around at The Cardinal Center CG this afternoon. We will be waiting around for 3:30 also.........I think that's cocktail hour.
See you soon.

Peace
Dave

loafer
07-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Hey Mark we are at the KOa south of Pittsburgh PA .We are here tonite as well and heading up friday am. Feeel for you havin to hang out at work till 3;30 LOL
see you all tomorow. Looking forward to meeting everyone
Bill and Maureen

mrcomer
07-08-2010, 08:51 PM
What a great start to our rally. Eight rigs here so far. We survived the wretched temperatures and it finally cooled down around 8:00ish. Did a little trailer touring and comparing and wishing. Looking forward to an awesome weekend.

Mark

Klontz
07-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Having a good time at the Ohio Rally. First time vist.

jimtoo
07-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi Klontz,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You have already met some great people at the rally I'm sure. And I'll bet you are getting plenty of food and friendship.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

mrcomer
07-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Hey Russ you are on your way now. Welcome to the forum. Soon you should receive your club membership kit too.

mrcomer
07-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Update from the Ohio Chapter of Heartland Owners Club.

Well we had a great turnout this year. A big “thank you” out to everyone who attended. It wouldn’t have been a success without you all. This year we had twelve rigs, we had six Bighorns, three Landmarks, two Sundances and one Northtrail. We had one couple from Canada, one couple from Michigan, one couple from Wisconsin, one couple from Pennsylvania, one couple from Texas and seven of us from Ohio.

BTW, I would definitely recommend Cardinal Center Campground (http://cardinalcentercamp.com/) for anyone wanting a nice place to stay while near Columbus Ohio with full hookups and pull thru sites at reasonable costs.

Again, thank you all and hope to see you next year,
Mark Comer

GETnBYE
07-20-2010, 08:36 PM
If I find a Ohio tag to put on the 5er, would you let a couple of Bama Fans show up next year?? From the pictures you posted it looks like a nice place and lots of fun.
Nita

Klontz
08-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Thanks to Heartland Owners Club for processing our application so quickly and receipt of the placard and other owner's items. A big thanks to Mark C. for his help in navigating the website to submit this 2nd post. Looking forward to interacting with other owners.