Kitchen Cabinets 3355

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We are almost to point of making a new purchase! Wife loves the 3500 island kitchen for all the cabinet space. This unit is a little heavy for my 2500 Chevy D/A. A 3355 would be a better weight choice albeit still on the edge.

My question...Ladies with 3355's (because I know most of us guys don't care...we put stuff in the basement), do you have enough cabinet space? Room for dishes, pots and pans etc?

There is no where within several hundred miles where we can view this model. We have seen a couple others!

Many thanks!

caissiel

We had an RV with the similar kitchen that the 3355 has. The space was OK but it's the Island kitchen, with the additional storage, that sold Mrs on the 3500. The Mrs can do all her cooking and be facing the guests, instead the back to the wall. They are almost the same but 1000lbs difference in weight. The difference in GVWR is in the axle, which sold the Mr. on this model.
If its pulling the 3500, it pulls as easily because of the G tires, but there is the chance of overloading 1500 additional lbs.
My friend has an SOB model like the 3355, and pulls it with a F350, and he has 6000 LBS axles and everything to me is not as HD as ours.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the info!

have you had an opportunity to actually weigh your 3500? I would be curious as to your towing weight and pin weight of "real" situation rather than guesstimates from paper (which is what I have to do until I get a rig)

Best wishes!

caissiel

Never did, but the weight on the truck is less the the old trailer we had for 12 years, and the mileage is 1 MPG better. We are not loaded except the fresh water tank that we carry 70% full.
The official weight Tag in the trailer is what I go by. We also have the Dual Pane which are great. And the Ford is good for 23000 lbs combined weight.
So no problem here, as the Ford is so heavy and the brakes work great.

I have bad experience with weighting trailer before so I don't bother.